Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square) DoubleTree by Hilton New York Times Square West

Lawyeron
By Lawyeron,
in

Unfortunately i'm not seeing the Distrikt Hotel New York City Times Square offered for this 2nd leg of your NYC trip.

Are you willing to stay at a different property and/or zone?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There really is not anything 3.5* or higher in Manhattan for $150 or less for these dates.

Just a little over your budget (and highly rated) i'm seeing these options:

3.5* HOTWIRE Gramercy - Union Square for $172.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
==> The Lex NYC is my guess for this one

4* HOTWIRE SoHo - Greenwich Village for $175.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my guess here would be the Arlo Soho

Both of these are south of the Empire State Building, but the locations are still good, imo (the Lex NYC being slightly better as it's more north so closer to your original request, but both are near two subway stations with multiple train lines).

Would either of these be of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you would like help with a PRICELINE bidding strategy please confirm which zone(s) you're willing to accept and your maximum bid, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

To avoid any confusion, please list the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you're willing to accept... we will then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

*update*

i am willing to stay in manhattan from September 27, until October 1, 2018.

my budget - up to USD 150

looking for atleast 3.5* hotel.

do you think you could assist me to score the Arlo hotel in these dates? 

with respect to priceline name your own price, these are my requested areas:

Central Park South

Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park

Times Square - Theatre District

Grand Central Terminal

SoHo - Tribeca.

much thanks for the help

17 hours ago, Lawyeron said:

i am willing to stay in manhattan from September 27, until October 1, 2018.

To confirm, your dates have changed from your original topic title, as previously your stay was set to begin on Sept 28.

On 3/3/2018 at 4:40 PM, Lawyeron said:

i might be intersted in the HOTWIRE 4* identified as arlo hotel deal, but cant seem to find it inthe named price.

Likely because your dates have changed and therefore the offered hotels and/or prices have changed as well.  Typically mid-week in NYC (Mon-Thur) is going to be more expensive than weekend nites (Friday-Sunday), so if your dates have changed and you have added a more expensive Thursday nite, it would not be surprising to see the average rate per nite change as well.

For Sept 27-10/1 i do see what i believe to be the same hotel being offered, but the rate is $10-$15 more per nite:

4* HOTWIRE SoHo - Greenwich Village for $187.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> still believe this one to likely be The Arlo Soho

17 hours ago, Lawyeron said:

looking for atleast 3.5* hotel.

If you're still looking to bid on PRICELINE, are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip?

Dear thereure,

thank you so much for your reply.

i am staying in NYC between September 27 - October 1, 2018.

i dont realy know if the 3.5* star hotels that you usualy win on bidding are considered good (rated atleast 7+), since i have never done this before.

do PRICELINE usualy provide good / highly rated hotels in their 3.5* bidding?

if yes, i dont mind bidding even for a 3.5* hotel.

At every star level there are hotels that are better/worse than others... we can probably even find some of the 'better' 3.5* hotels that you prefer over the 'lesser' 4* properties.

This is where PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE has the advantage from the aspect that you know the user review rating of the actual hotel you are about to purchase, as well as being able to take an educated guess as to which property it is that you may receive... PRICELINE bidding can be slightly cheaper, but you need to be flexible in that you will know NO information about the hotel that may be rewarded (so think of it that both are 'opaque' in the sense that you don't know the name of the hotel until after your purchase... PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE are slightly less opaque since you know more information about the hotel; PRICELINE bidding is even a little cheaper as you don't know anything about the property)

Based upon the above let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

So back to the original question...

Do you want to first try for a 4* hotel up to your maximum bid, then if rejected try for a 3.5* hotel... OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better?

Let us know the above and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow in the following zones (taken from your previous post above):

Central Park South

Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park

Times Square - Theatre District

Grand Central Terminal

SoHo - Tribeca

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

On PRICELINE select 4* CPS, Rock Center, Times Square, Grand Central, Soho
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject and/or unsure)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

thank you very much for this strategy.

could you kindly confirm that these are the 11 re-bidding zones:

14 - flushing whitestone

15 - elmhurst corona

17 - jamaica

19 - brooklyn east - flatbush

24 - bayside

26 - morningside

28 - coneyisland

29 - bronx

30 - washington heights

31 - JFK

32- LGA

thank you

Yes, those are your re-bid zones at the 4* level... always double check just before bidding.

Assuming you're going for the same five zones but now at the 3.5* level you can bid as follows, using the board's PRICELINE link:

Select 3.5* CPS, Rock Center, Times Square, Grand Central
Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3.5* CPS, Rock Center, Times Square, Soho
Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* CPS, Rock Center, Grand Central, Soho
Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3.5* CPS, Times Square, Grand Central, Soho
Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* CPS, Rock Center, Times Square, Grand Central, Soho
Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150

You can make all of the bids above in the same bidding session (as they are all 'unique' and won't be viewed as a duplicate)

Any questions feel free to ask.

following my previous post of which i have won the Distrikt Hotel,

i have recently came up with a priceline offer, which is similair to my previous win.

could this be the Distrikt Hotel?:

9/27-10/1

4* Times Square - Theatre District

Business Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Restaurant

USD 180 per night

king bed superior room

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

4* Times Square - Theatre District (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $180/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> indeed, best guess here would be the Distrikt Hotel New York City Times Square

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]