Priceline Hotel: Cannot Book Priceline Express Deal?

tlv
By tlv,
in

I noticed that, on 3/30/2018, there was a great PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal posted on Priceline... for a 3-Star Hotel in Central Scottsdale, at $74.

Based on the 9+ Guest Rating, and the, "SAVE 60%;" this hotel appears to be, "Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley."

However, when attempting to book, I receive the following message: "Please note: Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below."

However, the same PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal pops up, as purportedly still available.

It doesn't make sense that they would continuously post a Deal, over a month out... that somehow is already booked up?

Are Express Deals only good for booking a week or so in advance? Or, is this just a PRICELINE glitch?

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for an offer to no longer appear in the search results (and sometimes there is a glitch where it can take longer)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The board's Priceline Coupon is specifically designed for PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, so nothing 'wrong' with using it such a deal... but the coupon does require a 2nite minimum stay.

However, as per above, the error you're encountering as nothing do with with the coupon.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had originally tried 4 nights, than I tried 3, than 1... same error. The cynic in me thinks that this is deliberate false advertisement. It wouldn't exactly take a genius application to be automatically alerted to such expired deals for immediate removal from a front facing website.

Based upon the heavy amount of traffic that their site gets It's a bit more complicate than you think, and has to do with server/load balancing and how queries are actually performed.

A balance needs to be struck between server resources and the freshness of data... if a very minute number of rates fail to update but the site is able to have a flawless uptime record and process transactions quickly, it's an acceptable trade-off from a business point-of-view.  As i noted above, usually these situations fix themselves on the next search, sometimes it can take a few hours, and other time you may have a 'rogue' property that doesn't correctly get removed and it takes longer.

As a parent company PRICELINE does millions of transactions, and even more searches, the vast majority which go off without a hitch... this is just an outlier and not part of any conspiracy theory, imo.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]