Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Antonio (San Antonio Northwest - Medical Center) La Quinta Inn and Suites San Antonio Medical Ctr. Nw

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Total cost with tax and fees was $164.85 since I had a $25 off coupon from HOTWIRE. This equates to a cost of $47/nt plus tax and no Hotwire fee.  Amenities listed were free parking, free breakfast, free internet, fitness, pool, smoke-free, business center, and self-serve laundry.   After I booked, my confirmation email also included golf nearby and repeated internet.  I was fairly certain this was the LaQuinta before I booked for several reasons: 1) Hotwire said TripAdvisor rating was 4.5/5 so that matched  (very few hotels get this high a rating) 2) Hotwire said last person who booked got the LaQuinta although this isn't foolproof since I've had this happen before and got a different hotel and 3) bed choice of king or 2 double beds which is generally what LaQuinta hotels have.    I am delighted with my win.  Cheapest rate I found for this hotel was $253 (although I'd get some points with that).

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PM = Personal Message

You can read your messages HERE (which is simply the same link as if you had clicked the ENVELOPE icon at the top right of the page)

I have responded to you thru the messaging system of the board as it is designed for this specific situation in mind where a discussion is better handled one-on-one outside of a board topic.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotel was OK, but it is nowhere near a 4.5/5.  I'd give it a 3/5 at best.   I also would downgrade it to 2.5 stars from 3 stars.   There were  minor problems in the room (hair dryer not working properly, shower rod falling down, etc),  the pillows were small and uncomfortable, the furniture is nicked, there's no full-length mirror, and the carpet needs updating.  The breakfast was somewhat better than most LaQuintas (though that's a low standard) but not on the level of Hampton Inn or Hyatt Place.  The breakfast tables weren't cleaned the first two days and barely cleaned the third day after I complained.  The manager was dreadful -- more interested in defending her less than stellar staff than hearing how to improve the place.   I read the reviews again. Our standards must be higher, but we've stayed in far better hotels at the same star level, eg, Hilton Garden Inns, Hyatt Place.  Hard to tell if we got treated poorly because it was a Hotwire purchase, but we didn't sense that.   The only consolation is the price we paid.

I have a Hyatt Place stay coming up in Chicago suburb which is also a 3 star hotel and gets 4.5/5 ratings.  I'll comment on that after our stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]