Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Citygal
By Citygal,
in

Hello board!  I'm helping some friends from out of state find a great hotel in downtown Chicago for their stay 4/13 - 4/16 (3 nights) and would love your assistance / recommendations / comments on a guess or any other suggestions of similarly-priced options.  They would like a bed choice and free wifi, and I think I found a great deal and would love your guess as to which hotel!! 

I see:  >> HOTWIRE -- "Hot Rate" 4.5*, $105... Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area.  95% recommend.  Amazing!  (4471 Trip Advisor reviews)  AMENITIES: 

Complimentary Free Internet

Amenities

Boutique hotelBusiness centerChildren's activitiesFitness centerGolf nearbyPet friendlyRestaurant(s)

>>>I also see a Hotwire choice for a little less money, $95, 4*, same location...but no bed choice or mention of free internet. 

Thank you!!!  

Mary

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $105.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> as per the Hotwire Hotel List this is an exact match for the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile and that would be my best guess for this one

Does this work for their needs?  If not...

49 minutes ago, Citygal said:

They would like a bed choice

What room configuration is it that they are looking for?  Do they want 2 beds in the room, 1 King, etc?

If your friends will be making the purchase themselves, please ask them to stop by the board and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links here to begin their purchase (they can use the QuickQuote box on the top left of the board OR the logos within the QuickQuote are click-able as well)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It depends how well you think this hotel will work for your friends and if an additional $13 is a 'make or break' for this trip. 

Assuming we're right on the guess of the Sofitel, regular rates for your dates start at $195/nite (not including fees, taxes, resort fees, etc, etc)... so at nearly half price does a resort fee (which is also charged to 'regular rate' customers) change your view as to whether this is a good deal or not?

Do you see another option that offers a King bed and Free Internet where the total would be less than $118/nite?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I hear 'ya.  We've never stayed at that hotel and it looks glorious.  I'd love to give them option B if possible.  Using "PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals" I also see the following if you could indulge me with your guess.  (It does say "bed choice.")  Then they can choose!!  

4*, Mag mile / gold coast.... $90

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Rated 8.0 out of 10 or higher.

Many thanks!!

I'm seeing:

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $90
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Millennium Knickerbocker.

I'm very familiar with Chicago and would be happy to answer any questions. What would be their desired max budget per night for this stay?

I will note that the potential Sofitel deal is a very good deal for these dates, even with the $13 fee - every other downtown 4.5* for these dates on HOTWIRE that I'm seeing is considerably higher. Also $105 + $13 - $118 for the Sofitel is a lot more hotel for the money than the Knickerbocker for $90. Not that the Knickerbocker is a bad hotel - it did get a substantial renovation a few years ago - but it is an older property with smaller rooms. If given the choice, I'd much rather the Sofitel for $28 more per night.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hello again!!  After some delay due to work schedules, I discussed this with our friends and they would like to stick with the first option of the Hotwire 4.5 star which WAS $105 this morning with the $13 resort fee...which now looks to be $106.  However, when I clicked "continue" with this choice, it said "Book now, the last person got the W. Chicago Lakeshore."  I've been bragging to our friends about this amazing board and how I'd love to help them sometime when they come to Chicago and now they're excited about the Sofitel...so could I trouble you to scan and see if you still think it's the Sofitel?  BLESS YOU!!

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower.

I just counted and scanned the amenities compared to your list above, and I do think they match.  Is your guess still the Sofitel?  

YOU'RE THE BEST!!

Mary

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $106.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess still the Sofitel

The "Last person got ___" information is in reference to the last person who bought a hotel at this star rating in the zone, not necessarily any relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You were CORRECT again!!!  (You've never been wrong in your guesses for me!)  Funny thing is that the deal was "HOT" as they said...and it kept jumping up in price.  They ended up paying $113 plus the $13 per night resort fee but they are THRILLED with having a chance to stay at the Sofitel.  

Thank you again for your invaluable service!!  

Mary

Congrats on your success!

Great deal and so glad to hear that your friends are looking forward to their stay at the Sofitel! Terrific property and the location near the core of Michigan Ave couldn't be better.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hope your friends enjoy their stay and have fun in Chicago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]