Priceline problem when Try to bid on a car

mark nasraui
By mark nasraui,
in

priceline

Hi.

I am facing a problem when trying to bid on car reservation on Priceline, using PRICELINE link , and also already tried the bidding helper.

The matter is: when I get to the checkout page, where there is a pick list to select a saved credit card, the list does not show any of my saved CCs.

Already tried all 3 browsers I have here, FF, CHROME and IE and same thing goes wrong.

Tried to create an account to my wife and again, same problem.

Even when I try to fill the CC info again, as it was a "new credit card", its not working.

I contacted priceline on facebook about a week ago and all they say is "we apologize, we are investigating the issue"

I am 100% sure problem is not with my info because I am able to use priceline hotel name your own price flawlessly.

I would be very thankful if somebody knows a way to solve this.

The search is to FLL airport from 04/6 6pm to 04/23 7am

Tks!

31 minutes ago, mark nasraui said:

I am 100% sure problem is not with my info because I am able to use priceline hotel name your own price flawlessly.

Assuming your PRICELINE bidding was in reference to your Orlando Priceline hotel stay perhaps you could follow-up that thread with the results (or rejection) of your bidding.

What location are you bidding on a car for?  What makes you think this is not a PRICELINE issue (that they are working to fix, as they have indicated)?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

18 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Assuming your PRICELINE bidding was in reference to your Orlando Priceline hotel stay perhaps you could follow-up that thread with the results (or rejection) of your bidding

That Orlando thread it is indeed part of the same travel, but just our 2nd period there.  (If you want to merge both threads no problem)

We going to arrive at FLL airport on Apr 06 and head directly to Orlando until Apr 9.

Then We going to a cruise for 5 days and go back to Orlando.

This first period I already won flwing a similar strategy but on the 2nd period stil trying everyday but no luck yet.

I was waiting to disclose that once I succeed on the 2nd period

27 minutes ago, thereuare said:

?  What makes you think this is not a PRICELINE issue

Because they did not ask for further info about the problem and never hear back from them.. I had to ask again about the issue a few days back, and, again, was the same answer.

34 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Always using the links... is the least I could do ;)

Tks

5 hours ago, mark nasraui said:

This first period I already won flwing a similar strategy... I was waiting to disclose that once I succeed on the 2nd period

Please post your wins as you receive them so that the information can help others in a timely manner.  For example, if another user was also making two purchases in this area and had recently won for dates in the 4/13-4/23 timeframe, could you benefit from this information OR should they not report this win until all of their plans were complete?

Please post the win that you already won as a NEW TOPIC as we will use your existing thread for whatever you decide for the 4/13-4/23 dates.

I assume this is a one-way rental from FLL --> MCO for April 6-9?  What bid amount are you entering?  If you try to enter the credit card information without creating an additional account, what is the error message that you are receiving when you click the SUBMIT button? 

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

11 hours ago, thereuare said:

Please post your wins as you receive them so that the information can help others in a timely manner

No problem, just reported the win on the 1st period in a new topic.

Please post the win that you already won as a NEW TOPIC as we will use your existing thread for whatever you decide for the 4/13-4/23 dates.

As soon as I have news on that I will post on that topic, for now I will keep trying current strategy..

I assume this is a one-way rental from FLL --> MCO for April 6-9?

No, the car rental will be for the entire period of this trip, from 4/6 to 4/23 and both pickup and drop off will be on FLL airport.

What bid amount are you entering?  If you try to enter the credit card information without creating an additional account, what is the error message that you are receiving when you click the SUBMIT button? 

U$12.... the picklist does not show any credit card info, either if I add it again on the page, or if I try to use a saved credt card.. so I cant click in the SUBMIT button because I am unable to fill mandatory data.

Will put a print screen below:

https://ibb.co/fuD1GS

PS: I have 2 Credit cards saved on my account and they are working fine for hotels.

For me (using FireFox browser on Deskop) i have a BOOK button at the bottom of the page, NOT a SUBMIT button, and it is click-able (the cursor turns into a HAND when i hover over the button) regardless if any of the information is filled in or not.

What browser are you using and are you on a desktop or mobile device?  Is the button actually a BOOK button or a SUBMIT button and does it not turn to a hand when clicked?

One thing i can think of that could be easily missed (assuming we're seeing the same page layout, but we may not be since i may be seeing a BOOK button and you a SUBMIT button) is that you have to to select YES/NO for collision damage coverage... neither is selected by default and this does not appear to be highlighted in RED if you try to submit the form without all of the information entered.

Another often missed area is where you enter your credit card info and indicating if it's a Credit Card or Debit Card.

If you let us know the information above (browser, operating system, etc) i'll take another look and see if i can replicate the issue you're having.

PS- what car type are you trying for and what bid amount?

15 minutes ago, thereuare said:

For me (using FireFox browser on Deskop) i have a BOOK button at the bottom of the page, NOT a SUBMIT button, and it is click-able (the cursor turns into a HAND when i hover over the button) regardless if any of the information is filled in or not.

Yes, is the same thing here, I just did not pay attention what was the text on the button, but I believe We are looking at the same layout.

I print every step of the way, will answer all questions except the browser... The prints I took on firefox using my laptop, but the scenario is the same on Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Step1:

https://ibb.co/ff6r0n

Step2:

https://ibb.co/kRYtD7

Step3: - This is where I am having the problem:

https://ibb.co/dPhW0n

https://ibb.co/d1LvRS

https://ibb.co/k6UB0n
https://ibb.co/fE3tD7
https://ibb.co/cYs3D7

As I can't select / add a credit card on the form, When I click BOOK nothing happens...

Are you using any plug-ins, ad-blockers, change to your hosts file, or any other 'security' type of programs?

What if you log-out of your account, enter the credit card info (as if a new user... NOT creating an account during check-out), and then try clicking the BOOK button?

Do you by chance have javascript turned off?

No, no ad blocker, java is ok also, but, I think now I get why this problem.

When I tried book the way you suggested, w/o login to my account, when I am on the billing address form, it only let me choose US or Canada and my CC was issued in Brazil.

Unfortunatelly I think I wont be able to bid, but I will talk to a friend in the US, He probably can bid to me.

Anyway, thanks for the support here.

We're glad to help... and glad to hear you got it resolved.

If your friend will be doing the bidding on your behalf, it would be appreciated if you asked him/her to stop by the board here and click our PRICELINE link prior to starting each bidding session.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]