Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Herald Square - Penn Station) Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square

MatiasClock
By MatiasClock,
in

3.5-star HOTWIRE Hotel in Upper East Side area

Sat, Apr 07 - Wed, Apr 11  1 Room,  3 Adults

(90% recommended)

3.5-star hotel

$293*

$151

per night

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerSelf-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

TRIPADVISOR 3/5

(501 - 1000 reviews)

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impairedAccessible for hearing impairedAccessible path of travel

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 3.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

3.5* HOTWIRE Upper East Side for $151.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Upper East Side would be my best guess for this one

It would be easier for you to search/compare results (as well as us to research any hotels) if you searched using the BiddingHelper.com method above.

I'm very familiar with NYC... do you need to be in this location for this trip OR did you choose this based upon price, as it's not typically the most convenient for the average visitor to the city.  If this was a price decision, what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes for this stay)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just wanted to stay in Manhattan, there is no problem with the place, it could be another place, if there is cheaper, but I wanted to spend 160 dollars a night because then there are many tax and resort fee to pay and with all that goes to more than 200 the night, but if it's worth it I'm willing to pay up to 200 the night that I think is a very good amount to get a good hotel or not? I accept your suggestions, thank you very much for answering

Now I understand what you say
oh no the location is too far from timesquare, and I do not know how to use priceline to find rooms for 3 people? Do you know if I can do it?

All PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel as to whether they are willing to honor your request for a room that can accommodate triple occupancy.  Some PRICELINE EXPRESS offers show a 'Bed Choice' option and some of those options may indicate a room that can accommodate triple occupancy (either indicating 2 beds in the room or 1Bed+sofabed) and although your reservation is still technically only for double occupancy, i do not yet know of anyone who has had an issue showing up with triple/quad occupancy when the room booked is designed to accommodate the number of people in the group.

NYC hotels have a very high number of rooms that only have one bed and often rooms with 2 beds are considered an upgrade from standard and typically cost more (than rooms with only one bed).  So not only are you facing tough pricing due to triple occupancy, but you're also coming to NYC at the beginning of peak season when we see rates begin to climb, and $200 all-in is not really that much for the area at this time of year especially when also seeking more than double occupancy.

On HOTWIRE for triple occupancy around this same price and more centrally located:

3.5* Chelsea for $169.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave - Chelsea 

For double occupancy but a Bed Type is provided:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $154.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection is $169 for 2 Full Beds (not sure if this is designed for 3adults or not) and there is also a $29 resort fee

3.5* HOTWIRE Herald Square - Penn Station for $160.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square for 2 Full Beds

3.5* HOTWIRE Upper West Side for $161.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Wheelchair Accessible
==> Excelsior Hotel at $169 for 2 Double Beds

Any of the above of interest?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or what you receive if you take one of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for all the explanation, I will look at those hotels one by one to see where they are, also now I was looking at the Hotel Pensylvania which costs final with all taxes 838 dollars which also seemed a good price, I do not know if you can tell me If I can get more cheap at that hotel? Thank you very much for all the answer, and where do I have to click if I decide to contract in booking or hotels.com so you can charge the commission, thank you again

If all you care about is price and/or location then the Hotel Penn should fit the bill... but if quality is a factor at all i would look elsewhere as that property gets awful reviews.

We don't have a link to booking (which is owned by PRICELINE), but you should be able to get the same deals using the PRICELINE tab of our sister site at MAPS and HOTELS.com.  This Hotels.com link may give us credit, but as they are owned by the same company as HOTWIRE, you should be able to get the same deal thru the HOTWIRE tab at MAPS and HOTELS.com.  If the rates are different please let us know and we will get a link to whatever service you decide to book thru.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MatiasClock said:

I see that the hotel that I wanted is now more expensive than before

Which hotel is it that you were planning on booking... and at what price?  What is the price now?

What is your current budget?  Are you ready to commit to this stay at this point in time or are you still monitoring rates?

• 2 weeks later...

I do not want to wait anymore because I need to close this reservation right away because later I also need to make other hotel reservations, so I want to close this first, I just want to be in time square or in the best area that I can get, and I am looking for a room to 3 people, if there is any advice you want to update I will thank you but I want to close it because it takes too long and it did not help.

On 2/21/2018 at 8:47 PM, MatiasClock said:

I still do not make any decision

21 hours ago, MatiasClock said:

it takes too long and it did not help

Not sure what you're saying here, but all of your posts above were responded to within a few hours (some within minutes) and although some of the hotels did appear to meet your needs, you chose to wait (and unfortunately the prices move higher).

On 2/22/2018 at 12:52 AM, thereuare said:

Which hotel is it that you were planning on booking... and at what price?  What is the price now?

What is your current budget?

If you let us know the information above and we will start our search again since the hotels and prices above are likely no longer the ones that are currently offered (which is why we ask that your plans be firm and you ready to purchase when asking for help in researching and identifying hotels)

We still need to know your current parameters... what is your minimum star rating and maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes).

Also, to confirm, you're still searching for 3 adults?

hello, I'm looking for the cheapest I can get for 3 people, the dates are the same as I was before, whatever is cheaper including resort fee and taxes, because some hotels I see are very cheap but then add fees and resort fee and very expensive taxes.

from April 7 to April 11 for 3 people

19 hours ago, thereuare said:

... what is your minimum star rating

1 hour ago, MatiasClock said:

I'm looking for the cheapest I can get for 3 people

So you don't care about star rating and/or quality at all?

For instance, this HOTWIRE offer when searching for 3adults (confirm your dates on the landing page):

2* Lower East Side - East Village for $137.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
==> best guess would be the Windsor Hotel... under $700 all-in which is cheap, but is likely 'cheap for a reason' as it gets poor reviews

Is this acceptable for your needs?

When I search for 3 adults for these dates on HOTWIRE, I'm seeing:

3.5* HOTWIRE Herald Square - Penn Station for $158.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Holiday Inn Times Square.

More central location (cost savings on transit, time savings getting around), good reviews, higher star rating. Very good value vs comparable options and probably the "best for the least" option I'm seeing when searching for 3 adults for these dates on HOTWIRE

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]