Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Chicago Midway Airport (mdw)) Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Total price was $173.74 since I had a $15 off Hotwire Coupon (purchase over $100).   Taxes are VERY high in Bedford Park (17.5%) so I calculated the real cost is about $74/night and no fee for Hotwire.   The post said the rate was discounted from $117, but the cheapest rate I could find on the web was an advance purchase for $119.   I also checked PRICELINE EXPRESS, and I'm almost positive they had the same hotel for $73/night (total cost of $184.96) which was a tad cheaper if one didn't have a Hotwire coupon. I didn't have a coupon for Priceline. Priceline did list a price of $119.  I'm a former southside Chicagoan so I'm very familiar with the area, and I was almost positive I was getting the Hyatt Place.  The hotel gets superb reviews (4.5/5 on Trip Advisor), and this was mentioned on the Hotwire listing as  well as a 95% recommended rate.    I am very pleased with my purchase.  I haven't used HOTWIRE or PRICELINE much in the past few years since I think their deals are not as good as they were years ago (hotels have stepped up with discounts, points, and freebies), but I frequently check.  I think I forgot to use the link since I haven't been using Hotwire or Priceline.  Sorry.

The hotel was listed as an "ALL-SUITES" hotel, not just a plain hotel.  This is a tip-off.    The amenities shown when I purchased it were free breakfast, free internet, free parking (which is important to me and many hotels in that area charge), pet-friendly, pool, airport shuttle, smoke-free,  and fitness.   After the purchase, the amenities shown on my receipt included those but added restaurant, business center, indoor pool, and internet access (a duplication). 

If you need any more information, please let me know.       

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board, glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for.

Always stop by the board before your purchases as we usually have a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS discount available (see the top of the board, my signature, and/or our Priceline Coupon and Hotwire Coupon pages).  We also list these at our tool BiddingHelper.com which can help you in your research since it will give you a PRICELINE bidding page, HOTWIRE, and PRICELINE EXPRESS results all in one search!

Our BiddingHelper.com tool will also show you the complete amenity set prior to your purchase which can help in researching and trying to determine which hotel it is that is being offered.

Please try to remember use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun 'back home'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip on the Priceline Coupon and Hotwire Coupons.  I was unaware of them.  I haven't been on this site for a long time.  My Hotwire deal was still better than PRICELINE with the 5% discount coupon, but a coupon might make the difference for a future purchase.  I don't miss the Chicago weather.  I'll try to remember to use the links.   I was vaguely aware of the bidding helper feature, but I used to by a lot of hotels so I was pretty confident about the Hyatt Place.

• 2 months later...

I forgot to review the hotel.  It's quite nice -- comfortable bed, pleasant ambiance, good furniture, etc. .  Rooms are large although it's a newer design, and they aren't as large as other Hyatt Places I've stayed at, eg, Baltimore, DC, Ft. Lauderdale, Lombard.  The bed is not separate from the suite area, and it didn't have a wet bar or large sectional couch.   Breakfast is good although we were there on a weekend, and the clientele was largely families and groups.  Unfortunately, some parents did not supervise their children at breakfast.  I did get Hyatt points for participating in the "Go Green" program although I had to follow-up even though I was assured I'd get them upon check-in.  I'd recommend the hotel -- probably give it a 4/5 .  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]