Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando- Walt Disney World Bonnet Creek 03/05-03/07

mepeck1998
By mepeck1998,
in

I was trying to locate the most affordable on site option for Disney World. There don't seem to be any deals posted on priceline or hotwire for the value resorts at Disney.

I did find this name your own price:

Area: Walt Disney World- Bonnet Creek

Star Rating: 3*

Amenities: 7+ guest score, swimming pool 

From what I can tell, if I have a winning bid, I should get a Disney resort- either All-Star Sports or Music. 

Can someone offer me any insight? I'm pretty sure it is an on site hotel, but I want to be absolutely certain. I HAVE to stay on property. 

Thank you in advance! 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

If you bid, you can potentially get any hotel at the star rating chosen (and there is the possibility of being upgraded to a higher star rating.) There is definitely no guarantee of getting a Disney property when bidding and no way to bid to increase the odds of getting a particular property when bidding.

If you are looking to target a specific property i would sooner suggest PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

1 hour ago, mepeck1998 said:

it looks like the only 3* hotels in that area on Priceline are Disney hotels.

18 hours ago, AaronJB said:

there is the possibility of being upgraded to a higher star rating

If you bid 3 stars that is the minimum star rating you can receive and PRICELINE will always try to upgrade you to a higher rated hotel if one is available for your bid price.

Since not all higher rated hotels are on-site Disney properties, you would be better off 'choosing' one thru PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE where you are least looking to purchase a specific property and with research (and our help) we can take an educated guess and have an reasonable idea if it's an on-site property or not.

Assuming you don't see any on-site properties offered for your dates that are sub-$80/nite (i'm not currently seeing any), and given that PRICELINE currently has a 'regular retail rate' sale at Disney's All-star Sports Resort for $103/nite that is REFUNDABLE i would book this now in order to lock in the sale price in case nothing better comes along in the next few weeks (and since there is no booking fee for 'regular retail rates' like there is on PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, the difference per nite is only about $10 or so)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking at the list of hotels in that area on Priceline right now, it looks like the only non-Disney hotels on there are the Wyndham Grand Orlando, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, the Swan and Dolphin and the Four Seasons, all of which charge resort fees (with the exception of the four seasons, which is out of the question anyways). Doesn't it always tell you if you'll get charged resort fees, even with NYOP? If this is the case, I think that it should be safe to go through with a bid. What are your thoughts?  

It seems like you have a little PRICELINE experience behind you, so if you have had any purchases in the 4 years since joining the board it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you.:wink:

Regarding the Resort Fees when bidding on PRICELINE...

The resort fee shown (if any) is the hotel in the zone of the star rating you're bidding with the highest resort fee, so PRICELINE is basically showing you a 'worst case scenario'... the hotel you ultimately win may charge no resort fee at all (at which point there would be no resort fee to directly pay the hotel), the resort fee could be less (in which case you pay the lesser amount directly to the hotel), or it could be the amount shown (but never more).

To make this even more evident, at the current bidding page you're referring to, PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory for your dates, so at this point even they do not know the name of the hotel that will accept your bid and if there is a resort fee or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have had a few purchases in the past, but don't religiously use this site. Please accept my apologies if I offended you. I'll try to better myself and post when I purchase :) 

So to be clear, if there is no resort fee shown, I won't be getting a hotel with a resort fee? I'm a little confused. 

I think I'll go ahead and purchase a placeholder reservation through Disney since I have a $50 gift card. I have to cancel by  Feb 28,  and if I notice any hotwire or priceline express deals before then, I'll look into those. 

I'm not offended, it's just a matter of 'paying it forward' by sharing your wins, as well as supporting the site with all your purchases to ensure that we continue to be here as a free resource for everyone and for when you do need help. :smile:

54 minutes ago, mepeck1998 said:

I'm a little confused. 

I will try to make it clearer:

No resort fee shown = no resort fee

A resort fee shown = there may be a resort fee and it may be less than the amount indicated (but not more than the amount indicated)

There is one caveat though...

The PRICELINE algorithm is only set up to show the highest resort fee of hotels in the zone(s) you're bidding and at the star rating you've selected.  So in the case of a hotel upgrade, i think it is possible that the hotel has a resort fee but was not shown on the bid preview page.

Hope that clarifies the resort fee situation.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

I decided to book one night through disney since I had my gift card and I booked the other night @ $107 through Expedia, which was the cheapest option. 

I tried NYOP a few times and bid up to $75 with no success. I think disney only likes doing discounted room for certain times of the year? 

Maybe I'll have more success my next trip down there. 

Thank you for all of the advice! 

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please note that the board has a link to Expedia which you can use for any purchases thru that site as it will help keep this board running as a free resource for everyone (just as using our PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, and MAPS and HOTELS.com site does)

Enjoy your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]