Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

beldwell
By beldwell,
in

I'd like some help with a couple of IDs.  The first hotel that I see is 4* Union Square Flat Iron for $160 that has the following amenity set: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access.  The part that is throwing me off is the bunk bed option that becomes available when going to the booking page.  It only has 44 reviews and a 90% recommendation rate.

Therefore, I'm wondering about this hotel 3.5* Union Square Flat Iron for $176 that has the following amenity set: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access.  This hotel only has 9 reviews and a 90% recommendation rate.

I'm not against other districts if you see an outstanding property for those dates that you'd suggest. I just don't want to be in Times Square or further north than Times Square.  I'd like to stay at around $200.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Best guess / comments below:

4* HOTWIRE Union Square - Flatiron for $160.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Arlo Nomad

3.5* HOTWIRE Union Square - Flatiron for $176.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
==> The Lex NYC

Another highly rated hotel but you'll need to make sure the location will work for your needs (confirm your dates on the landing pages after clicking the links provided below):

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $168
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Even Hotel New York - Midtown East

4.5* Downtown - Wall Street for $172
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Andaz Wall Street-a concept by Hyatt

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $178
Business Center
Restaurant
==> Distrikt Hotel New York City Times Square which although is in PRICELINE's Times Square zone, is on Ninth Ave so far enough away from that i thought worthwhile to include as an option here

Lastly, just slightly over your budget (but can bring it down to just $1-$2 over if using the BetterBidding discount in our Priceline Coupon page):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $212 ($201 with the board's coupon code)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan which is currently the #4 best reviewed hotel in NYC and has a 5.0 TA rating

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

My trip plans have firmed up, so I need to change areas.  I'm now looking at Chelsea and Gramercy.  It looks like most of the Gramercy hotels have a hefty extra fee!!  I'm seeing the following:

4 star Gramercy Union Square for $179 with the following amenities -  Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, Accessible parking but a $23 resort fee.

3.5 star Gramercy Union Square for $183 with the following amenities - Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access but a $33 resort fee

3.5 star Chelsea for $185 with the following amenities - Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower but NO RESORT FEE!

Can you help with this ID?  See anything close to this area but in another zone that you'd recommend? I'm afraid to go with anything lower than an 80% rating.

What exactly is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and why the Chelsea zone?

What is your maximum budget?

On 1/26/2018 at 11:00 AM, thereuare said:

Lastly, just slightly over your budget (but can bring it down to just $1-$2 over if using the BetterBidding discount in our Priceline Coupon page):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $212 ($201 with the board's coupon code)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan which is currently the #4 best reviewed hotel in NYC and has a 5.0 TA rating

This property is now priced at $177/nite ($169 with our Priceline Coupon), has more stars than any of the hotels above, is still the #4 reviewed property in NYC, and if you think Chelsea is the area you need to be is just 3.5 blocks from the border between the MSG and Chelsea zones, so very convenient to that area as well (in addition to being more centrally located and easy access to subways than many hotels in the Chelsea zone).

If not this property in what way does this fall short of your needs (so we can have a better idea of what hotel may work better for you)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nicely done... an excellent decision, imo.

A short walk from your hotel i recommend this place for breakfast one morning as they have one of the better renditions of a 'true' NYC bagel:

Best Bagel and Coffee  

225 W 35th St (on the north side of 35th St between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)

Have a great trip and let us know if you have any NYC questions that we can help with!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]