Priceline Hotel: 4* Turks and Caicos (Providenciales) The Sands at Grace Bay

MondaysChild
By MondaysChild,
in

Hello - I would love some help Id'ing two potential hotels currently listed on Priceline.

Option 1 - This appears and disappears intermittently.

3 star

Providenciales (Grace Bay) Area switched to just Providenciales Area when I clicked on it

7/24-7/31

$167 Per/night

Fitness Center, in/out pool, bus center, restaurant, nonsmoking rooms

Also says - Kids 13 under free with existing bed.

Bed Choice - Double bed - smoking or non smoking

Option 2 -

4 star

Providenciales Area

7/24-7/31

$171 (switched to $168 when clicked)

Fitness Center, in/out pool, bus center, restaurant

Bed Choice - Room assigned at check in

I currently have a reservation at Villa Del Mar.  I am hoping to eventually upgrade to a beachfront property.  Neither list beachfront as an amenity.  Both have 8+ Guest satisfaction.  I don't think either of these are VDM because they both list a restaurant as an amenity.  Any clue as to what these are?

Thank you for your help!

DL

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess / comments for each (confirm your dates on the landing pages after clicking the links provided below):

3* Providenciales for $167
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Ports of Call Resort is my best guess for this one

4* Providenciales for $169
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> i don't have any strong insight into this property

... but what about:

4* HOTWIRE Providenciales, Turks and Caicos for $174.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Childrens Activities
Travel Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> Royal West Indies Resort or Sands At Grace Bay

4* Providenciales, Turks and Caicos for $181.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Suite
BR1
Kitchen
A/C
Fitness
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
==> One On Marlin would be my topi guess here, although i can't exclude the Kokomo Botanical Resort as a secondary, but less likely, guess

Do any of the offers above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply - I am shying away from Hotwire because they count Villa Del Mar as a 4 star.  When I pull up the 4 star hotwire with the amenities you listed, it says "Hurry the last person got Villa Del Mar." And the trip advisor review count matches Villa Del Mar.  The Sands and RWI would be AWESOME, but they both have over 1000 trip advisor reviews and the peekaboo says it has between 500-1000.  Are they ever different?  The hiccup is it says "Childrens activities" and I dont think VDM has kids activities.  The other thing that's interesting though i that when I head to the checkout screen it says this hotel receives 4.8/5 guest review.  I feel paralized by all these options!!

I paid less than this rate for Villa Del Mar.  So I don't want to get it on accident.  I feel like you may be right on the 4 star Hotwire though..It might not be Villa Del Mar and I could be missing a good deal!

I am sorry I had a misunderstanding.  I was looking at different hotwire options than you suggested.  I have 2 adults and 1 child in my party, so when I put that into hotwire it gave me different options than the ones you stated.  Since there are a few adults only resorts, I need to make sure I put the kid in there.

On hotwire, I find a 4 star for $188.

The 4 star list amenities as free parking, free internet, bed choice, pools, golf nearby, childrens activities, smoke free rooms.

500-1000 trip advisor reviews.

I am guessing this is Villa Del Mar even though the 'childrens activities" is throwing me for a loop.  It also says 64% off, and I am not sure VDM rooms are that high.

Do you think this one could be something else?

Searching for your dates 2adults/1child:

4* HOTWIRE Providenciales, Turks and Caicos for $188.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Pool
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
==> best guess for this one would be the Villa del Mar

Rates go up a bit when searching for triple occupancy... what is your maximum budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

What aspects of a hotel are most important to you for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree it is Villa Del Mar.  I am already booked at Villa Del Mar with a refundable rate of $175 per night.   Mostly, I am looking to upgrade to an ocean front resort for around the same price (less than $190 a night).  So the most important thing is location, then the other amenities follow.  

I feel like PRICELINE is my best bet because they rank Villa Del Mar a three star. I will keep trying! 

1 hour ago, MondaysChild said:

I feel like PRICELINE is my best bet because they rank Villa Del Mar a three star.

I would not exclude HOTWIRE as you can likely 'figure out' if a property is not the Villa del Mar... but how do you overcome the double/triple occupancy issue of PRICELINE? (or do you only stick with PRICELINE EXPRESS offers that show a Bed Choice option?)

I rarely see the chance to bid on priceline anymore.  Stuck with PRICELINE EXPRESS.  I guess we have been lucky so far.  No hotels have ever given us a problem with a third person in the room.  Looking at PRICELINE, most hotels in the area state kids under 13 are free except for the one that is adult only.  I guess if I got that one I would just try to plead my way out of it and hope for a refund!  I will come through here to book and post the results.  I am very tempted to be the guinea pig on the 4 star priceline since no one seems to have it listed as a result anywhere.  Thank you for all your help!

3 hours ago, MondaysChild said:

most hotels in the area state kids under 13 are free

... but also state if using existing bedding

So it could be an issue in some areas (for example NYC) where rooms with two beds cost extra and are considered an upgrade from standard.

We typically advise that in an area such as Orlando where hotels are used to accommodating families and hotels are built with a large percentage of rooms with 2 beds the risk is substantially lower... vs. an area such as Chicago/NYC where the risk is substantially higher; other cities lie somewhere inbetween.  We just try to make sure that users are aware of the risks so that they can make informed decision.:smile:

3 hours ago, MondaysChild said:

I am very tempted to be the guinea pig on the 4 star priceline

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress / decision or let us know how we can be of further help.

Good luck.

I am very excited to update this thread!  I went ahead and took one for the team!  I booked the 4 star PRICELINE hotel through your link and used your 5% coupon (Thank you very much!)....and it was the SANDS!!!!!

Good news I had already reached out to the Sands a month ago to find out if my child could stay in one of their studio rooms that they state only sleeps 2 and they said absolutely as long as she was under 12.  I still have that message, so I think I am good to go!!

So there you go!  Hope that helps others out there who are wondering what this mystery hotel is!  I am happy with the end result.  Thank you for being part of the process!

Diana

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you gave it a shot and that you're happy with the hotel and deal received.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]