Priceline Hotel: 5* Luxury West Hollywood Hotel

justjustin
By justjustin,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.

However, what method are you using to determine that there is a 5* hotel offered in the 'Hollywood' zone as the highest star rating i'm currently seeing offered in this zone is 4 stars.

What is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)/

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, i misread your post and was looking at the Hollywood zone... not the West Hollywood zone (maybe i need more coffee today!)

The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills would be at least one possible option at the 5 star level in this zone, but there could of course be others as well.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know which star rating you'd like to try for first, and all zones that are acceptable, as we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I would like to start with a 4 star hotel and stay with Hollywood and West Hollywood - some of the rates per night seem cheap until checkout when that extra 150+ in taxes is thrown in there. For example, that five star hotel I mentioned is $215 a night, which I could do, but with taxes and whatnot, it brings total to $819.

Also, do the HOTWIRE Hot Deals and PRICELINE EXPRESS deals tend to dip in price as the travel date becomes closer?

Thanks,

J

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay... it all depends on supply/demand... how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations.  Quite a few years back (7+) when the economy was much slower and hotel pricing was a bit less sophisticated, we used to see quite a bit more of rates dropping closer to check-in as hotels had such high vacancy levels... but we have generally seen less of this as hotels have been better at managing their inventory and also have higher occupancy levels.

If you want to try bidding for a 4* in the Hollywood and West Hollywood zones up to $200 i would try as follows:

When bidding 4* in this region you have SEVEN re-bid zones available.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Hollywood
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* West Hollywood
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Hollywood and West Hollywood
Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190

I stopped at $190 (instead of $200) since if $190 is rejected you would be better off purchasing the following along with BetterBidding's Priceline Coupon for an extra 5% discount (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the links below should you ultimately go with either of the following):

4* West Hollywood for $201
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be The Grafton On Sunset

... and one more option for just a few dollars more:

4* Hollywood for $205
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> the Loews Hollywood would be my best guess here, with Dream Hollywood being a secondary possibility (although i slightly favor the Loews as being the more likely of the two)

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject or unsure)

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

There is a new 4* Hollywood hotel offered for your dates (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link below):

4* Hollywood for $177
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this would be the Kimpton Everly Hotel which is the #2 reviewed hotel in Los Angeles and has an excellent 5.0 TA rating

Personally i would just take this one since i would not want to bid and win a different hotel in exchange for saving $5-10/nite.

Since you can use the board Priceline Coupon on the above, bringing the nightly rate down to $166, you can try PRICELINE bidding as follows:

On PRICELINE select 4* Hollywood and West Hollywood
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165

This bidding should take less than 10 minutes, although as i noted above, i would just take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer as it would be worth the few extra dollars to me to ensure one of the top rated hotels in the area.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Now seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* West Hollywood for $199
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Best guess would be the Le Parc Suites

4* West Hollywood for $219
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Best guess would be the Chamberlain West Hollywood.

HOTWIRE:

4* Hollywood for $200.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Loews Hollywood.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

I see the following on HOTWIRE:

4* Hollywood for $192  95% recommended

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* Hollywood for $178 90% recommended

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Children's activities

Any ideas?

Best guess / comments for each:

4* HOTWIRE Hollywood for $192.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Loews Hollywood Hotel 

4* HOTWIRE Hollywood for $178.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> i'm not really certain but a guess would be the Kimpton Everly Hotel given it's a newer hotel and HOTWIRE is not showing very many user reviews for this offer

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS property:

4* Hollywood (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $185/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> from the Priceline Express Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Loews Hollywood Hotel and that would be my best guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]