Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Maui Island (Wailea - Makena) Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

JandC
By JandC,
in

I am trying to book a hotel for Maui and hoping to get the Fairmount Kai Lani for travel dates of 3/1/18-3/6/18.  Here is what I see on Hotwire:

4.5-star Resort in Wailea - Makena area

$471 per night plus $38 resort fee

Ammenities:

Free Internet

Free parking

Beachfront hotel

Fitness center

Indoor pool(s)

Pet friendly

Pool(s)

Resort

Smoke-free rooms

I'm hopeful this is the Fairmount because of the $38 resort fee.  I'm also wondering if the prices get lower closer to the travel dates?

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4.5* Wailea - Makena for $472.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Beachfront
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> if this is what you're seeing, from the Hotwire Hotel List this is an exact match for previous reports of the Fairmont Kea Lani Maui and that would be my best guess for this one.  

As far as hotel prices coming down, or moving higher, in the days ahead nobody can say as it will all depend up supply/demand and how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected reservations/cancellations.  However, i will add that we don't see this hotel very often, so if you do decide to wait, it may not be offered once you decide to take it.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, 

Thank you for your initial response.  I modified the search dates and found this hot deal for travel dates of 5/9/18-5/14/18 for $398 per night.  I know the resort fee at the Fairmount in Wailea is $38 per night, but this deal says the resort fee is $31.25 per night.  Does the resort fee have to match up to the resort fee as posted on non-hot deals pricing?  These are the list of ammenities for the hotel.  If not the Fairmount, do you have a good guess for what the hotel may be?

Resort

Beachfront hotel,

Smoke-free rooms,

Fitness center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business center,

Self-service laundry,

Internet access,

Golf nearby,

Spa services,

Children's activities,

Accessible for visually impaired,

Accessible for hearing impaired,

Accessible path of travel,

In-room accessibility,

Accessible bathroom,

Accessible parking,

Roll-in shower

Thank you,

Binh

The amenity set for this one differs than the previous one above that was guessed to be the Fairmont Kea so this is likely a different property.

4.5* HOTWIRE Wailea - Makena for $398.00
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> my guess for this one would be the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui

Are your dates now firm?  What is your maximum budget for this trip (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I also see this for your new set of dates (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4.5* Wailea - Makena for $362
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui (less another 5% using the BetterBidding coupon code at the top of the page or in my signature below)

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hi, my dates are not firm.  We prefer to travel in early March or May.  I apologize if I missed the information.  For the Priceline express deal, is the price for travel dates 5/9/18-5/14/18? 

I have never booked with Priceline because not as much information is disclosed about the hotel.  I have trusted the advice of this forum in the past and would take a chance.  I am will to spend up to $475 per night.

Thank you

Please let us know when the dates are firm as the hotels offered for the dates above may not be the ones offered for the dates you eventually decide up OR even if these ultimately do prove to be your actual dates the same hotels may not be offered once you're able to finalize your plans.

The PRICELINE EXPRESS deal listed above is for 5/9-14. If you click on the link provided that takes you to the detail page for the listing, which shows dates, amenities, total and other information.

Hi, I got distracted and couldn't book the hotel yesterday.  I see there is still a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for Maui Wailea 4.5 star hotel for $361 per night for a one bed and $417 per night for two beds, for the dates of 5/9/18-5/14/18. 

The details are:

Swimming Pool,

Fitness Center 

Hotel Amenities

Bed Choice Available

9+Guest Rating 40 verified guest reviews

Do you think it is the Fairmount?

Confirm your dates on the landing page:

Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is our best guess for this one

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

15 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Confirm your dates on the landing page:

Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui is our best guess for this one

When you click the link above those are the dates you're seeing (5/9-5/14) and those are acceptable for you, correct?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the outcome and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm the amenity set for this property in the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]