Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square North) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

Nachoz
By Nachoz,
in

Hey! I would like some help identifying these two hotels. And also I want to note that there are 3 of us traveling and I can't find a way to specify it when searching PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, and one of these hotels doesn't have room options, and the other offers Queen/king bedrooms and suites but doesn't specify number of beds or capacity, is it safe to say it'd be ok to choose a King option and have a smooth check in?

3.5* Central Park South

$111

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

4* Times Square Theatre District

$129

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

(No room options, guarantees to be one of these brands: Crowne Plaza, Double Tree, Hilton, Sheraton or Hyatt.)

4.5* Soho - Tribeca

$109

Business Center

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

(Choose from King Superior or Deluxe Room, *thinking* it's The Roxy)

Thanks for the help!

P.S. I was mostly limiting my search to areas around Times Square (the Soho hotel being the exception) because I stayed in that area last time I went, if you have any suggestions of different areas I'm open to explore!

The issue with NYC is the small size of rooms at most properties. Two beds is often an upgrade in rooms with one bed, the bed is usually smaller than a King.  Are you okay with 1 bed? Are you a party of 3 adults or 2 adults/1 child?

I'm not seeing the 4.5* Soho when searching for these dates - are you still seeing it when searching? Additionally, I'm guessing that the 4* TS listing is noting that those brands are among the possibilities, not that it is guaranteed to be one of those brands.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If we could upgrade to a two bed when we check in I think we'd be fine. We're 3 adults.

Yes, the 4.5* Soho still comes up right now. And as opposed to the rest of the listing where it says "Our X-star collection includes independent hotels and well-known brands like..." the 4* one explicitly says "THIS EXPRESS DEAL IS GUARANTEED TO BE ONE OF THESE TRUSTED BRANDS", however that one is not coming up when I search anymore, but I have it bookmarked and it's still active.

There's another 4* in Times Square Theater District, at $120 with bed options and lists as amenities:

Fitness Center

Business Center

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Nachoz said:

If we could upgrade to a two bed when we check in I think we'd be fine.

Of course you would find under this scenario... but what if you can't?  Or what if the only upgrade available is to a higher room class and it's $100+ more per nite?

Looking at the Times Square hotel that you listed above (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link below):

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $121
Business Center
Fitness Center
==> best guess here would be the Night Hotel Times Square, but i will point out that even though this PRICELINE EXPRESS shows a 'Bed Choice' option, none of the options are for a room that has two beds (or even indicative of a pullout couch available)

Are you comfortable booking a room for double occupancy and showing up with 3 adults?  If not, i would either use PRICELINE EXPRESS for a room that shows a Bed Choice where one of the room choices is designed to accommodate 3 adults... or use HOTWIRE searching for triple occupancy.

I'm very familiar with NYC... what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up doing as you suggested and went with HOTWIRE, booked the Sheraton New York Times Square for $160/night for 2 queen beds a few days ago. But now I have a question, we booked with 3 adults and today a friend joined our party. Looking at Sheraton's site it appears there would be no issue with the maximum occupancy, but just want to be extra careful I don't have to change anything in the reservation.

3 hours ago, Nachoz said:

I ended up doing as you suggested and went with HOTWIRE, booked the Sheraton New York Times Square for $160/night for 2 queen beds a few days ago.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

3 hours ago, Nachoz said:

we booked with 3 adults and today a friend joined our party.

I don't see any issue, but if you want to play it 'safe' you can just have 2 people go to the front desk upon check-in while the other 2 people grab a seat in the lobby, go to the pizza place next door, head to starbucks, etc, etc.

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are looking forward to your trip.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I just saw on a recent thread that this hotel added a resort fee. I specifically remember upon booking on HOTWIRE that there was no resort fee, also part of choosing going with this one. Will the fee apply to us since we booked before 02/01 which is when they started charging for it? 

Usually hotel policy is that those who booked before a resort fee was initiated are exempt from the fee, but given the fee was put into place a few months ago you may have to explain it to the hotel.

At check-in when handling all of the paperwork (ID, credit card for incidentals, confirming check-out dates, etc) the front desk clerk will mention the fee and have you intial something to the effect that you were told about it.  At this point i would let the clerk know that the fee went into effect on Feb 1 and that you booked prior to this date and therefore should not have to pay it.  If unsuccessful, ask to speak to a manager and explain the situation, if s/he too refuses (unlikely, but still possible), indicate that you can't expect to be held to a fee that was put in place after you made your purchase... you researched your 'all-in' price before making the purchase, it's not in your budget to pay an extra $xx per nite, and if you were subject to this additional fee what if it was an astronomical amount, say $200/nite, how can you be expected to pay a fee that goes into effect after you have made a firm agreement (ie- a contract) with the hotel.

Chances favor that it will all be handled appropriately by the front desk clerk, but if it does need to get escalated, always keep the discussion firm but cordial, and be willing to continue to take it 'further up the chain of command' if you do not get a satisfactory resolution with the person you're currently speaking with.

Good luck and have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]