Priceline Hotel: Which hotel

Saskia79
By Saskia79,
in

We are looking for a 5* hotel from 4/21/18 until 4/24/18 in Miami. Which area we are staying doesn't matter for us. 

On priceline we see the following express deals.

Can you help me figure out which hotels they are?

Thank you so much!

5-Star Hotel

Downtown - Port of Miami

$237,-

Amenities: Business Center, Non Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Swimming Pool

5-Star Hotel

Downtown Miami - Brickell Financial District

$222,-

Amenities: Free Internet, Bed Choice, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Swimming Pool

5-Star Hotel

South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront 

$486,-

Amenities: Free Internet, Bed Choice, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Swimming Pool

5-Star Hotel

Miami Beach (Miami Beach)

$434,-

Amenities: Bed Choice, Non Smoking, Restaurant, Swimming Pool

5-Star Hotel

Mid-Miami Beach (Miami Beach)

$362,-

Amenities: Free Internet, Bed Choice, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Swimming Pool

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm seeing different prices than what you have posted above (so did not take the next step of trying to match the amenities of my search to what you have listed above), are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

What is your maximum budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't read close enough and the way presented i thought there were HOTWIRE offers, sorry about that.

However, since you mention these are PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, note that all PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel and you could receive a room with only one bed.  You can usually 'safely' use PRICELINE EXPRESS when a property shows a 'Bed Choice' option and one of the room choices includes a room type that is designed to accommodate your group's needs (in this instance, 2adults/1child), but i'm assuming that such a 'Bed Choice' option is not offered for every one of the hotels listed above... is landing a room with only one bed a risk you're willing to accept this trip?

If this is not an acceptable risk we can stick to the offers that show a Bed Choice (and one of the bed choices works for your family's needs) or you can instead opt for HOTWIRE which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone that you include in your search.

3 hours ago, thereuare said:

2x

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your comment. I do not dare to take that risk. How can I deal with this? That we still get a room for three people but still at an attractive price? Preferably five stars. Can i better choose the option name your own price and then indicate that we are with 3 people of is that not possible?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Personally i'm OK with booking thru PRICELINE EXPRESS for triple/quad occupancy if being able to choose a Room Choice where one of those options is designed to accommodate the number in my group, but if you're not comfortable with that (or no Bed Choice hotels show an option that can be used for 3 guests) then your option is to use HOTWIRE where you can search for up to quad occupancy and they guarantee that the room will accommodate the number of guests included in your search.

Bidding on PRICELINE is not a viable option as there is no way to indicate that there are 3 guests prior to your purchase and you are at the hotel's didscretion as to what type of room that assign you (vs. the PRICELINE EXPRESS option above where you can choose a specific Room Choice configuration)

Also, keep in mind that it's not PRICELINE / HOTWIRE that is increasing the price based upon triple/quad occupancy, it's the policy of the hotel, so if trying to find an 'attractive price' you need to compare apples-to-apples and make sure you're comparing rates to what it would take to book 3adults directly thru the hotel.

Speaking of a 'attractive price':

On 1/17/2018 at 11:25 AM, thereuare said:

3x

On 1/17/2018 at 9:40 AM, Saskia79 said:

Which area we are staying doesn't matter for us. 

So what is important to you for this trip in choosing a hotel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]