Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando) Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando

genx
By genx,
in

Hi,

I will be going to Orlando Feb 23-Feb 25 (2 nights). I am trying to figure out where to stay, there will be 8 of us (4 adults and 4 kids). We will book 2 rooms. We are going on a cruise afterwards. We likely wont rent a car so looking for a hotel that has stuff we can walk around too (malls, restaurants - cheesecake factory/shake shack). We wont be going to Disney. Budget is approx $150 a night but would prefer lower. 

Does anyone have an recommendations on which area to look at?

Thank you

G

To fully think this thru...

How do you plan on getting from the airport to the hotel?

What about hotel to the port (i assume you're leaving from Port Canaveral which is not that close to the airport nor Disney)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Airport to Hotel - Shuttle service would be great, however if not available take uber/lyft

Hotel to Port Canaveral - Shuttle service or uber/lyft again, i tried to search one way rentals on hotwire from MCO to Port Canaveral/Cape Canaveral but had no options come up, does this work for you for the dates i provided?

Let me know any other info you think would be helpful.

1 hour ago, genx said:

Airport to Hotel - Shuttle service would be great

I don't know of any Disney-area property that offers a free shuttle to the airport... it's about a 25-30 minute drive which is usually beyond the distance of any hotel offering free shuttle service.

Estimated uber costs:
MCO --> Disney area (i used Disney Springs as a landmark): $25

Disney area --> Port Canaveral $60-$75

vs.

MCO --> Port Canaveral $55

(the above is per vehicle and assume you will need 2 vehicles for your group of 8)

So to confirm, is it worthwhile staying in the Disney area... or would it be better to just head directly from the Airport to Port Canaveral and stay at a hotel closer to the port?

If you look at THIS MAP you can see how heading to the Disney area is heading west of the airport, then to head to the port you have to retrace your steps and head further east.

Staying in the Disney area may be more fun and have more things to do at your fingertips, but you need to account for the added taxi expense vs. staying near the Airport (where you can get a free shuttle to/from the airport and then only have one taxi ride from the airport hotel to the port) OR perhaps staying closer to the port in an area such as Cocoa Beach where, as noted above there may not be as much to do in the immediate area, but at least you'll be heading in the right direction and basically stopping 'en route' to the port.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't stay in the Disney area, but i just want to make sure that you have considered the added expense of doing so before we go down that path, and confirm that you have thought about the hotel location before we start researching hotels.

What was the objective of arriving 2 days prior to your cruise?  If not going to the Disney parks, what was it that you wanted to try to do for these two days (just hang by the pool/beach or were you looking to sightsee)?

16 hours ago, genx said:

Budget is approx $150 a night

To confirm... this is per room or total for both rooms?

Lastly, if you use the CARS button of our BiddingHelper.com tool you can search from 'MCO Airport' to 'Cocoa Beach' to see rates.  You may not get a car rental company that is directly at the port (i'm not sure which one(s), if any, have rental counters directly at the pier) but you could always drop everyone and luggage at the pier and then just one person (or one other person to keep them company) return the rental car and take a taxi back to the pier.  Looks like a 7 person (could you squeeze 8 given four are children??) starts at about $175 all-in which would then give you more flexibility as to where to stay as well as make it easier to get around town, leave the hotel for lunch/dinner, pick up any essentials you forgot to pack, as well as give you freedom to see whatever it is that you would like in the area (2 cars would run you about $115 each).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, not sure if they is some confusion. We are opening to stay anywhere in the Orlando area. We were looking for an area that we can just step out of the hotel and walk around. We did not have plans to go to Disney. The plan for the 2 days was to just walk around (sightsee) maybe try some restaurants we don't have (cheese cake factory, Shake Shack etc). We read there is a free trolley that goes up Intentional drive that is cost effective and may take us around. 

The $150 budget was per night per room, 

I talk your feedback on available hotels and potential higher cost if we stay further then a port area.

Thank you all your help!

No confusion, i just wanted to make sure you thought about your travel plans as (personally) i don't see the reason for heading 30 minutes west for 2 nites only to have to traverse that course to head to the pier... especially when not renting a car and incurring taxi/uber expense.  But it's your trip and you know the needs/plans of your group better than we do, although i would suggest reconsidering your decision to not rent a car as (imo) this really isn't an area that is conducive to walking moderate distances... it's not like a city where most things are relative close (ie- taking the two restaurants you mentioned, assuming i have guessed the locations correctly, THIS MAP shows that they're not really that close to each other (certainly not walkable).

Also, if this is the trolly you're referring to I-Ride Trolley it's not free:

Cash Fare

Single fare is $2.00 per ride

Child fare $1.00 per ride (ages 3 to 9 with paying adult)

Senior citizen (65 and over) fare is $0.25 per ride

Exact change is required

Drivers do not carry cash

Passes not sold on Trolleys

Unlimited Ride Passes

One Day Pass:$5.00 per person

Three Day Pass:$7.00 per person

Passes not sold on Trolleys.

... which i think adds more weight to the consideration to rent a car.

Anyway...

Looking at zones near Shake Shack and Cheesecake Factory i see the following options/recommendations when searching for 2rooms/4adults/4children along with my best guess for each:

3* HOTWIRE International Drive - Convention Center for $64.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
==> Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando 

3* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando - I-drive North for $64.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Room Accessible
==> Rosen Inn, closest to Universal

3.5* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando - I-drive North for $95.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive

4* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando - I-drive North for $108.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
BR2
Kitchen
Smoke Free
Daily Housekeeping
A/C
Laundry in room
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
24hr Front Desk
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
==> Westgate Palace a Two Bedroom Condo Resort 

Any of the above of interest and seem to work for your needs? (i didn't filter for 'Free Parking' as amenity, but as luck would have it i will point out that the above all include Free Parking as an amenity should you decide to rent a car)

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take one of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

Bidding on PRICELINE is not really an option as you would then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone and no way to target this specific property.

PRICELINE EXPRESS may be an option (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

3* Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando for $58
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would also be the Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando, but the issue here is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so there would be a bit of risk if the hotel was unable (or unwilling) to provide you rooms with 2 beds in each room.

Let us know how you decide to book and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 3:38 PM, thereuare said:

Bidding on PRICELINE is not really an option as you would then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone and no way to target this specific property.

PRICELINE EXPRESS may be an option (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

3* Intl. Drive - Pointe Orlando for $58
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would also be the Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando, but the issue here is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so there would be a bit of risk if the hotel was unable (or unwilling) to provide you rooms with 2 beds in each room.

Let us know how you decide to book and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I booked this hotel tonight using the PRICELINE link provide, it was the Rosen Inn like suggested. The cost was $58/night plus priceline sent me a 10% off coupon which I applied.

Thank you for all your help

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this will work well for your group's needs and budget.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay (and cruise!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]