Priceline Hotel: 5* Miami (Downtown - Port of Miami) Me Miami

RTordon
By RTordon,
in

Looking to travel on 3/09/18-3/11/18 and HOTWIRE is listing two properties.

The first property is:

$265 per night (45% off full rate of $484)

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Internet access

Kitchenette

Pet friendly

Pool(s)

Resort

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Hotwire states the last person got the W Bickell.  Based on the description I think this is in fact the W and the amenities don't quite match any of the other hotels listed for hotwire

The second property is:

$229 per night (full rate is $300)

Amenities

Business center

Children's activities

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Internet access

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Spa services

This seems to be either the Mandarin or Four Seasons however none of those list Golf Nearby. 

Any confirmation that the first property is the W as well as thoughts on what the second property would be will be appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of thee listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the x star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

5* HOTWIRE Brickell - Financial District for $265.00
Resort
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Spa
==> i agree that the W Miami would be the best guess for this one

5* HOTWIRE Brickell - Financial District for $229.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Wheelchair Accessible
==> JW Marriott Miami would be my guess here

You could also consider (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

5* Downtown Miami - Brickell Financial District for $263
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the W Miami, and using the current deal in our Priceline Coupon page takes an extra 5% off, making it cheaper than either of the above offers

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you would like help with a bidding strategy let us know desired star rating, acceptable zone(s), and maximum bid price and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

... otherwise let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help along the way.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the kind offer.  I think I am good but..... here is my bidding strategy.

I have my primary area and based on the hotel list for Priceline have picked a secondary area.

I've started with a bid of $196 for a 5* in the Brickel area which was rejected.  I then added Mid-Miami Beach and bid $201 (which has also been rejected).  I have gone back twice and bid $206, $211, $216 and $221 with no success.  I will continue and probably go a high as $231 (which by the time you add the taxes/fee is about $265) and then add/change locations.  I don't need the hotel for 2 mths so have some time to play.  Ideally would like the W or the JW Marriott in Miami but am open to other high quality hotels.

Again, great forum!  Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the compliments on the site. :smile:

When bidding at the 5* level in the Miami region you have 17 re-bid zones, so you could be using these and be bidding a lot more efficiently.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but if you're new to the subject it's highly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

However, if one of the hotels you're hoping for is the JW Marriott Miami i think it is currently available thru HOTWIRE:

5* HOTWIRE Brickell - Financial District for $223.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Wheelchair Accessible

Keep us update on your progress or let us know how we can be of further help.

After bidding a few areas on Priceline (Brickel, Port of Miami, Mid-Miami Beach) I got the ME Port of Miami for $212.  Tripadvisor reviews are mixed however it seems like a decent deal.  Hopefully my trip advisor review is good.

Will post under Priceline Winning bids.

Thanks for your help.

After bidding in Brickell, Mid-Miami Beach I added Port of Miami expecting the Kimpton Epic or JW Marriott might be the hotels.  After starting with $202 in Bickell I added Port of Miami and upped my bid to $213 and won ME Miami.

Total for 2 nights is $538 which includes hotel fee of $33 and Taxes of $79

Used the PRICELINE link.

Thanks for everyones help.

Congratulations on your success!

Although not one of the hotels you were originally targeting, glad to see you're pleased with the outcome and looking forward to trying out this property.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 months later...

Just circling back.  I was at this property the weekend of March 9th and have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  It was a quality property.  I think IMHO the biggest reason for reviews not favouring this lacation is due to the fact they are expecting a W or a JW Marriott and that is not what this is.  It's more of a Boutique hotel which was wonderful.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]