Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* and 4* River North. Jan 18-21.

11mcmd
By 11mcmd,
in

HOTEL HELP:

Any help identifying these 2 hotels would be appreciated :)

1 - 4.5* River North January 18-21st 2018

90 USD per night 1 room 2 adults

Amenities

Business center, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Internet access, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms, Spa services

95% recommend

TripAdvisor 2000+ reviews

"last person got The Godfrey Hotel"

My guess on this hotel is that it is the Westin River North location, as it has 2024 tripadvisor reviews. The "Golf Nearby" is throwing me off.

2 - 4* River North January 18-21st 2018

69 USD per night 1 room 2 adults

Choose bed type, with 1 king bed the rate is 76 USD per night

Amenities:

Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

90% recommend

Tripadvisor 1001-1500 Reviews

does not list what the last person got for a hotel

I am not sure what hotel this is, "accessible for visually impaired and accessible path of travel" are not options on many hotel websites making it difficult to match

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

When searching for 2 adults for 1/18-21, I'm seeing:

4.5* HOTWIRE River North for $90.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
==>  Best guess would be the Westin River North.

4* HOTWIRE River North for $69.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Hotel Chicago.

4* HOTWIRE River North for $64.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  With a 3.5/5 tripadvisor rating, guess in this case would likely be the Felix.

I'll also note on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $88
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Monaco.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance. I'm also very familiar with Chicago and would be happy to answer any city or hotel questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi,

thanks for your quick response and your helpful advice. Do you know how frequently hotwire's hotel changes. It seems to me that the 4.5* deal has likely been the westin for the past week I have been looking at it. Was hoping for the Sofitel, or the godfrey or the gwen. Have you heard good things about the westin river north?

48 minutes ago, 11mcmd said:

Was hoping for the Sofitel, or the godfrey or the gwen

Always try to include this type of information in your original post as it helps us have a better sense of what it is that you're looking for as well as be able to keep an eye out for these specific properties.

Note that the "Last person got ____" information shown by HOTWIRE is relative to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily in relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

I'll leave it to AaronJB to comment about the Westin River North as he knows the area very well, but will comment that it's right on the river and would be a good location, imo.  However, it also comes down to what you're willing to pay for one of your 'want' properties.  For example, with the regular rate at the The Gwen selling for $202/nite for your dates, i assume that would be too much given the prices of the PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE offers above... but how much more would you be willing to pay for one of the 3 hotels you mention above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've stayed at the Westin River North before and thought it was a nicer property overall than the Westin on Michigan Ave. Also was able to upgrade to a river view, which offered a really beautiful view of the river, city and far to the West. I liked the Godfrey when I stayed there, but would rather the Westin if I had the option. Unfortunately, the potential Monaco (which is really a very nice hotel) listing on PRICELINE EXPRESS that I saw earlier now is saying no more inventory when I click on it.

I am also seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $68
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>This would likely be the W Lakeshore, which is not the most optimal location in January, but it is a very reasonable rate for that property. The promotion in my signature brings the per night (before taxes/fees) to about $65. 

I'm also seeing:

4.5* Downtown - River North for $110
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>The Sofitel or Kimpton Palomar would be possibilities in this case. I think the latter is definitely more likely, but that would be a great result, too as the Palomar is a very nice/newer Kimpton in the middle of the River North area. The listing has a 9+ rating. You can also use the 5% promotional code in my signature for this listing as well.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further help.

Hi again,

Thank you very much for all of this information. It is very helpful.

Upon revisiting Hotwire today, I think there is a new 4* option which could be the Dana hotel and spa - has anyone stayed there before? Comparing that to the westin river north, which would you suggest?

River North 4 *

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

1 king bed Your room type is guaranteed.

Thu, Jan 18 - Sun, Jan 21

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Spa services see less 

This hotel's location earned it a 5/5 guest rating.

4020 4.5/5 on tripadvisor

353 CAD

It has since disappeared, but do you think it was the dana? If I do see this deal return, which hotel would you recommend between the Dana and the westin river north :)

I will be booking later today and update you with the hotel I receive

Thank you

Unfortunately, without being able to see the listing there's no way to know for sure. The Dana and Westin are both very nice hotels - the Dana somewhat more central in the River North area, but both hotels offer quite convenient locations. Unfortunately, the PRICELINE EXPRESS property that was potentially the Palomar is no longer showing when I search for these dates.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, AaronJB said:

the PRICELINE EXPRESS property that was potentially the Palomar is no longer showing when I search for these dates.

Often if you have a good deal in hand you need to take it before it disappears.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:39 PM, AaronJB said:

4.5* Downtown - River North for $110
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>The Sofitel or Kimpton Palomar would be possibilities in this case. I think the latter is definitely more likely, but that would be a great result, too as the Palomar is a very nice/newer Kimpton in the middle of the River North area. The listing has a 9+ rating. You can also use the 5% promotional code in my signature for this listing as well.

Although this property is no longer appearing on a current PRICELINE EXPRESS search (it's been replaced by a hotel with an 8+ user review rating whereas this one has a 9+ user review rating) it can still be booked using the link above, where it is now appearing for $99/nite.

The replacement 4.5* in this zone (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4.5* Downtown - River North for $88
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Westin Chicago River North is my guess for this one, which you mention above as one that you are considering

I believe i am seeing the HOTWIRE property you list above when using the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW and clicking the GREEN 'Full Amenity' button next to the listing:

4* HOTWIRE River North for $72.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> if this is the HOTWIRE property you're seeing (you didn't include the price or the full amenity set above so i can't be certain, but i think this is the one you're seeing) my guess here would be the Dana Hotel and Spa 

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have never used PRICELINE but just checked it out and they seem to have a better deal than HOTWIRE for 4.5* in river north:

PRICELINE EXPRESS 4.5* 

Jan 18-21

8+ rating

87USD per night

Free Internet

Business Center

Fitness Center

Non Smoking

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

"Choose between steak and sushi in the on-site restaurants at this River North high-rise."

Is this hotel easily identifiable?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase

23 hours ago, 11mcmd said:

Is this hotel easily identifiable?

Same property i listed above:

On 1/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, thereuare said:

The replacement 4.5* in this zone (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4.5* Downtown - River North for $88
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Westin Chicago River North is my guess for this one, which you mention above as one that you are considering

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]