Priceline Hotel: 5* Dallas Irving/Los Colinas

lanceb
By lanceb,
in

The Omni Mandalay used to be the 4* and listed in both hotwire and priceline, but now when I start my rebidding process they list a 5* and a 4.5* which even just through common sense looking at tripadvisor doesn't have anything much higher than the Omni. I would like the omni but wondering if I should just bid on a 4* barring their star system being totally out of whack. 

The Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas is still 4* rated by PRICELINE... the Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas is rated 5*.

I don't know of any 4.5* properties in this zone, and if this is correct, they are likely showing 4.5* bidding as being an option so that any 4.5* bids that are high enough have the potential to be upgraded to the 5 star level.

What are the dates of travel?  How much were you intending to bid up to?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. My dates are Jan 20-24. I know in the past I've started at $80 and worked my way through $5 intervals - Hotwire has it listed for about $120 . most of DFW is considered a rebid as at least the first 11 zones don't even have a 4 star. 

For sure I always try and use the link from here when I book on those two sites. 

Were you interested in trying to reach for the 5* hotel for this trip OR try bidding for the 4*?

If you're trying for the 4 star i am seeing this on PRICELINE EXPRESS (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4* Irving - Las Colinas for $109
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Omni Mandalay Hotel At Las Colinas, and using the discount in our Priceline Coupon page will give you an extra 5% off, so if bidding i would keep your bid below $103/nite otherwise the above would be cheaper than bidding (when using the board's discount code)

If you'd like to move forward by bidding for a 4 star hotel in this zone and need help with a bidding strategy please confirm your maximum bid ($103??) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow... or let us know how it goes if you simply decide to take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you end up with or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]