Priceline Hotel: Name Your Price/Express Deal Help For Midtown Please

seg_fault
By seg_fault,
in

Hi, all! You guys were incredibly for me last time I went to NYC - I'm humbly and gratefully calling upon your help again.  The date of the stay is 1/13/2018 to 1/18/2018.

My family (3 adults, including myself) will be wanting to stay in Midtown East or Rockefeller Center/Bryant Park at a 4 or 4.5 star hotel. Something with large enough rooms to accomodate three adults or at least be big enough to put an inflatable bed on the side for the third person.

My mom fell in love with the Lotte NY Palace Hotel that I won last time with your help - if there's any way to get that, that'd be fantastic. The view is truly amazing - a view of St Patrick's Cathedral would be the cherry on top of the trip. On the last trip, I was able to get the Lotte for $155 a night. Do you reckon it's doable this time for the same rate?

Thanks all! You're terrific.

Welcome back1

Triple occupancy in NYC usually limits your options and/or increases prices.

When searching for 3 adults I'm seeing the following options:

4* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $133.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Fifty NYC-An Affinia Hotel

If you're willing to consider increasing your budget and staying in a different zone:

4.5* HOTWIRE Lower East Side - East Village for $186.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List matches previous reports for the Hotel 50 Bowery NYC which gets an excellent 5.0 TA rating

I don't think bidding on PRICELINE is a viable option since you won't have any insight/guess as to the hotel that you may receive and therefore no way to ensure the triple occupancy that you need.

Thoughts on the two properties above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I should have said, we'd love to stick to Midtown East/Rockefeller Center. A 4* or 4.5* (absolutely non-smoking) would be terrific.

Seeing this deal for $170. Last person got the Giles but it doesn't seem like this is the same? Thank you for the help!

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

3 hours ago, seg_fault said:

Might I ask you if $133 for that sort of 4* hotel in that area is typical for this time of year? Is it low/high?

If this was for double occupancy it would be a good price, but since it's for 3adults i think it's a very good price (for a hotel with such high user review ratings).  Do note that there is also a resort fee of about $27/nite.

2 hours ago, seg_fault said:

Any chances of getting it for 3 people for 1/13 to 1/18?

Considering the hotel is not showing any availability for these dates, even when searching for just double occupancy, i would say the odds are very low.

What zone is the $170 hotel located in and are you getting that amenity set from the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab after clicking the GREEN 'Full Amenities' button?  What is the description of the property you think is the Omni (and if it is the Omni is it worth $50 more per nite vs. the Affinia 50??)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My apologies for duplicating threads. 

I'm looking at a 4* $164 in Midtown East. 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Do you reckon that's the St Giles? The page says the last person booked the St Giles.

The "Last person got ____" information is relative to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily in relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $164.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> i'm not 100% certain of this property, but i'm doubtful it's St Giles The Court... my guess would be Hotel Boutique at Grand Central or possibly Club Quarters Hotel, Grand Central

Let us know what you ultimately decide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]