Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Portland (Moda Center - Lloyd District - Convention Center) Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown-Convention Center

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

Passing through Portland and needed a hotel for a quick overnight so checked out BB for past wins in the Moda Center area.  I didn't want to be downtown and have stayed in the Moda Center area before, so targeted this location.  

I used the BetterBidding link and saw a Priceline Express for what seemed to be the Crown Plaza for $77.  Over on Hotwire, it looked like the Crown Plaza was being offered for $79.  I went into bidding mode and started at $68, was countered for $83 (like that made sense), added a couple of zones with known 3* or less, and ended up getting the hotel for $73.  That seems like a lot of work to save a total of $8, but it keeps my BB skills up, and as we all know, it's partly the thrill of the chase that makes this kind of effort so enjoyable.

Oh, the hotel assesses a $20 overnight parking, but there is street parking around.

Thanks BB, and good luck to all.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]