Priceline Hotel: 4* Phoenix Downtown Help?

tlv
By tlv,
in

Looking for a 4 star hotel in Downtown Phoenix for tonight. Preferably a Hyatt, Hilton, or Marriott property.

Last time I stayed in Downtown Phoenix I got the Hyatt at $76. So, looking to confirm a similar deal like that exists before bidding.

As an aside, is there a way to bid and check, more than once in 24 hours?

Thanks for your consideration.

On HOTWIRE when looking for tonight only I'm seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown Phoenix for $63.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the The Clarendon.

4* HOTWIRE Downtown Phoenix for $87.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Westin in this case.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct date of travel is showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Phoenix Downtown for $71
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Hyatt with a slight possibility of the Clarendon.

If you want to bid on PRICELINE, you can make the same bid every 2 hours. Are you okay with potentially any 4* property in the zone?

PS. Please provide follow-ups for your prior Priceline San Diego and Priceline Las Vegas threads (post what you decided for those stays within those threads.) Closing threads is greatly appreciated, as it keeps the board organized and helps others researching.

Let us know what you decide and if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks a bunch for those tips. I would accept any corporate property, as I prefer corporate hotel chains. So, Westin and Hyatt are both fantastic options.

What bidding strategy on Priceline would one need to avoid the Clarendon? To wit: I'm used to bidding up to the strike price. But, I don't know how I would get the correct property if say, the preferred property has a higher bid than the other option in that same zone. Would I just start bidding at $72?

Also, does the Priceline overlap deals with Hotwire? I.E. Is the Westin on offer at Priceline, as well?

There is no way to avoid a particular property when bidding. Bidding higher to try and avoid a particular property can easily result in overpaying for the same property that would have accepted lower. PRICELINE/HOTWIRE don't necessarily overlap; HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS may show the same hotel on certain dates but often can show different hotels. If you are trying to avoid a particular property, I wouldn't bid and would instead use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE.

Were you able to get a hotel for last night? Hope you were able to get a good deal for the stay.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

1 minute ago, AaronJB said:

There is no way to avoid a particular property when bidding. Bidding higher to try and avoid a particular property can easily result in overpaying for the same property that would have accepted lower. PRICELINE/HOTWIRE don't necessarily overlap; HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS may show the same hotel on certain dates but often can show different hotels. If you are trying to avoid a particular property, I wouldn't bid and would instead use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE.

Were you able to get a hotel for last night? Hope you were able to get a good deal for the stay.

Thanks for the reply. I just stayed with family last night, even though I'm allergic to everything. I just didn't want to stay at the Clarendon, so I wasn't willing to chance it. I also didn't feel like staying at the same Marriot Mesa property again, as the heater wasn't working very well.

Do you guys know of any surefire strategies to further narrow down another corporate property? I'm willing to look at other zones, up to about $100, depending on the star level. 

If you are looking for tonight, I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct date of travel is showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Phoenix Downtown for $71
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Hyatt.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A pending credit card charge from Marriott, which initially seemed to be just a customary hold, actually posted for well over $100, when I already paid in advance through Priceline. I called the hotel and the manager is out. What is the best way to resolve being double billed? I.E. Being billed by both Priceline and then the Marriott for the same night, which was already paid for through Priceline. Should I just wait for the manager to come back from vacation? Should I send the hotel an email? Should I call Marriott Corporate? Should I call Priceline directly? Should I just dispute the charges?

Is this just a case of an inexperienced check-in agent, not finding the correct reservation, and then just creating a duplicate reservation? Wouldn't that be the kind of information to go over with a new guest, so that the prospective guest would be aware of the room rate that they would actually be billed, in order for the prospective guest to make that purchase decision, in the first place? Regardless, I ultimately received a bill for zero dollars. How then, can one very well be double charged for the room, when the reservation was was already paid for in advance? - I would gather that bill for zero dollars is just ancillary, for possible add-ons, over and above a guest being separately charged for the the rack rate?

If anyone has had any experience getting these types of issues resolved, please share. I know that this is something that shouldn't be difficult to get resolved, once the hotel manager takes a look at their double billing. But, is there a way to get it resolved prior to the hotel manager getting back from vacation?

Call and ask for the billing department at the hotel, they are the ones to handle this.

I'm sure it's just an error on their part and will be resolved once brought to their attention, but give it the 10-15 minutes of attention it deserves, and if it gets more involved then that only then open  dispute with your credit card company (always first give the hotel a chance to make things right, but if it then gets more involved or they are unwilling to budget, then let your credit card company deal with it)

Other than the billing issue, hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I called back and asked for the billing department, and they stated that only the hotel manager handles billing issues. Fortunately, they said that the hotel manager will be back tomorrow. So, I think I'll just try back tomorrow. It's really annoying nonetheless. Any check-in agent should be able to reverse duplicate charges made in error. That's just basic front desk 101, right?

It's funny... this is why I stay at corporate hotel chains like Marriott, to avoid these types of pitfalls. Hopefully, they'll resolve it just as soon as they see their error. - That is, if they see it as an error. Now, I feel like I should have complained about the broken heater, after all. I'm usually a stickler, but I figured I'd let the broken heater issue slide. Now I recall why I'm not the type to ever let anything slide. - Never can be sure that you won't need the extra ammo in a pinch. They would probably have refunded me for that complaint, to begin with... which would have inadvertently fixed the otherwise unknown double billing issue.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]