Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Shopping District - Convention Center - Capitol Hill) Renaissance Seattle Hotel

gravechoi
By gravechoi,
in

Hello BetterBidding,

I am about to do bidding on my trip to Seattle, 3/29-3/31/18 (2nights), and need your advice on bidding.

I am looking for 4 star hotels with the max budget of $100/day for 3 Seattle Downtown areas and need your assistance on bidding strategy since I never done it before.

I actually tried to test-bid with a very low bid and it seems the conventional center area charges you hotel fee in addition to other taxes. Is it location specific, the hotel fee?

Any tip would be truly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

On the bidding confirmation page, if any hotels in the zone(s) that you have selected have a resort fee PRICELINE will show this amount, basically showing you a 'worst case scenario'.  As it is not yet known which hotel you will win, priceline is trying to show you the most it could potentially cost you, by showing the amount of the hotel with the highest resort fee.  If the hotel you ultimately win has no resort fee then there will be no additional amount to be paid directly to the hotel... if the hotel you win has a resort fee but it's less than the amount that was shown, the lower amount is what you will pay.

With this additional information, is it still OK to include the 'Downtown - Convention Center, Shopping, & Capitol Hill' zone in a suggested bidding strategy?

Please confirm and we will advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your reply and time.

Do you happen to know, from experience, the chances of end up getting the hotel with resort in Seattle downtown area? Or any idea on how many 4 star hotels in the convention zone have resorts in there?  If it is fairly high/many hotels, I wouldn't risk it I think. 

If you're looking to avoid a resort fee i would either only bid the Downtown - Pike Place - Waterfront - Stadiums or use PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE (since the latter will almost always show you if the hotel you're about to purchase has a resort fee or not).

If you wanted to put the time in you could also:
Search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the Priceline Express tab filter to 4* hotels in the 'Downtown' zones.

Then click the IS THIS A GOOD PRICE button next to each offer.  For the hotels listed open in a new tab/window and scroll down to the individual rooms offer where it will usually indicate if there is a resort fee.  Here is an example of a hotel that does charge a resort fee (so you can see where the information should be located for the others)

Also note:

On 12/19/2017 at 11:24 PM, gravechoi said:

I am looking for 4 star hotels.... 3 Seattle Downtown areas

The highest star rating currently offered in the 'Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union' zone is 3.5*, so this zone will not even enter your bidding if you keep your criteria at 4* or better.  Do you know how to determine your re-bid zones?  If not, see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

So we can edit the topic title accordingly have have this thread appear correctly in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, can you please add a reply to this thread confirming which nite it is that you ultimately booked for (your original request was for a 2 nite stay), as well as the room rate per nite (before fees/taxes) and the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with the hotel and showed prior to your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip and we look forward to helping with your future travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]