Priceline Hotel: Strategy question

crsshiplover
By crsshiplover,
in

I'm planning a trip to the Ft Myers area in May. We get in late Wednesday night, so thought maybe to save some $, we could just stay near the airport, hoping to get a hotel with a shuttle and not have to rent a car until the next morning. I'm wondering, though, if we are better off trying to get 4 nights at the same hotel instead of 3 nights. We'd have 1 night at an airport location, and 3 at either Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel, or Captiva. Any thoughts? Does it make a difference on what kind of a deal we get? Thanks in advance.

What are the actual dates of your stay?

Changing hotels is one of personal preference... some will do it to save $10, others won't do it to save $100. Ultimately it will depend upon the dates of your stay and if the first nite is extraordinary expensive/cheap at in either zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...know that it is on the beach, or very close...

I had asked about the zones because the above is not something that can be assured when using Priceline... it can with Hotwire though based upon their Beachfront and Beach Access icons. With priceline it would be reasonable to expect this at the Resort level, but one of your zones above has a highest rating of 3* and the other a highest rating of 2*... no resorts in either area.

Are you able accept a hotel anywhere within the priceline zone boundary?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After further discussion, it seems staying at the beach is a requirement. Hotwire prices seem high, and I'm not comfortable chancing it on Priceline for this trip. I think we'll probably change locations, and maybe head to Tampa/Clearwater or try another location all together (San Diego). We are looking for something fairly inexpensive, and Ft. Myers doesn't appear to offer that. Thanks for the help. I'll be back...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]