Priceline Hotel: 5* Oahu Island (Honolulu) (Waikiki Beach - Kuhio Beach) Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach

ADM
By ADM,
in

Priceline Option #1

Amenities

Bed Choice

Business Center

Non Smoking

King Bed - Smoking Or Nonsmoking Room With Partial Ocean View

7+ guest rating 300 reviews

$314.10 hotel fee for 10 night stay

-Unfortunately I dont think this comes with a pool (or isnt guaranteed) since it is filtered out when I choose pool option under amenities.

Priceline Option #2

Bidding on a 5* 

In "Heart of Waikiki" or "Waikiki beach" district

Amenities

Indoor or outdoor pool

Fitness center

restaurant

8+ guest rating

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night:US$ 160.00 (attempted $160 BID and failed)

Subtotal:US$ 1600.00

Taxes and Service Fees:US$ 261.60

Total Room Charges*:US$ 1,861.60Apply Coupon

Hotel Fee:US$ 377.00 (for 10 nights)

Total Cost*:US$ 2,238.60

Having a pool is a key amenity. I think option 2 is better but what bidding price is realistic and what hotel can I expect on each option? 

Im new to this site and hope that I did a good job explaining. I researched other posts to get an idea on format and information needed.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

5* Central Waikiki Beach for $160
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>Best guess would be the Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach. The promotion code in my signature takes another 5% off the total.  

Would this possibility be of interest or did you want to try bidding? If you wanted to bid, what would be your desired max bid per night?

Let us know your thoughts and we can offer further suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Assuming the guess of the Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach is correct, at THIS LINK it states the following:

Important Info

***PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING***The children's pool is now open for hotel guests to enjoy from 9:00am - 10:00pm daily.The pool deck, and main pool is anticipated to be completed, and open December 2017

So you would have to hope that they do indeed complete the work prior to your February arrival.

If you're looking for a 5* hotel in any of the 'Waikiki Beach' zones how about:

5* Waikiki Beach Marina - Ala Moana for $232
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be The Modern Honolulu (less 5% using our Priceline Coupon)

Would this one work for your needs this trip? 

If you're looking to bid and include all of the 'Waikiki Beach' zones, think you're looking at $250-$275/nite.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or what you get if you take any of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't want to be across that stream/ waterway in the marina. I've stayed at the Ala Mona and it's a smidgen to far for me. 

Here is what I found at the Alohilani Waikiki Beach 

The infinity pool, dining options, free Wi-Fi and oceanside location attract guests to the non-smoking Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.

Happy to help!

As noted by thereuare, assuming the guess of the Alohilani Waikiki Beach  is correct, at the link he provided, it says "***PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING***The children's pool is now open for hotel guests to enjoy from 9:00am - 10:00pm daily.The pool deck, and main pool is anticipated to be completed, and open December 2017." The pool deck is also noted as "Coming Soon" on the hotel website. You have to hope that they are done on time.

Would you rather bid? If so, which zones would be acceptable (you would be willing to stay at any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone chosen) and what would be your desired max bid?

7 hours ago, ADM said:

I don't want to be across that stream/ waterway in the marina.

Exactly which zones, by PRICELINE name, did you intend to bid on?  Of course you could give it a try, but unless you include the Central Waikiki Beach and/or the Waikiki Beach Marina - Ala Moana in your bidding i think you're likely looking at $250+ to be successful at current rates.

2 hours ago, ADM said:

But as I wrote, PRICELINE's website states that the Alohilani has an infinity pool.

I believe the Alohilani hotel was recently taken over and converted from the Pacific Beach.  In providing the hotel description to PRICELINE the hotel included the infinity pool which has not yet been completed, but didn't include the Pool amenity since it's not yet available.  The Alohilani is will my best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS property, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Alright I pulled the trigger. Thanks @thereuare. You were right. I also used the PRICELINE link provided here and saved $80 with your Priceline Coupon

PRICELINE EXPRESS  buy - 5* $160 Central Waikiki.

Feb 4-14 2018

Result- Alohilani

Oh and the pool should be done in December and well before Feb according to staff. 

Thanks again for the help and time you put into your research! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]