Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4.5* Providenciales Turks & Caicos Hotel $384

lovetotravelcheap
By lovetotravelcheap,
in

Two requests:

1) Please help ID hotel

2) I've been studying this hotel for the past 4 weeks and it hasn't dropped in price at all. Because of the damage associated with the recent hurricanes, is there any indication that hotels will be below their capacity this winter? Most of the hotels have a 28 day cancellation policy which makes it difficult to book a backup hotel that you can cancel at the last minute. However, I'm tempted to wait until the last minute without a backup hotel to take a chance at the price dropping. Thoughts on the possibility of a price drop and if people are avoiding the Caribbean this winter?

Hotel info:

1/13/18 - 1/16/18

4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor 1501-2000 reviews

95% Recommended (5 reviews)

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible path of travel, Accessible parking (from biddinghelper.com)

$384/night

>> my guess is the Windsong on the Reef. When viewing hotels on Hotwire at regular price (non-Hot Rate), I see the Windsong is a 4.5*, shows 95% Recommended and, as of the time of this posting, has 1,578 TripAdvisor reviews (within the 1501-2000 range of the Hot Rate listing)

7 hours ago, lovetotravelcheap said:

Because of the damage associated with the recent hurricanes, is there any indication that hotels will be below their capacity this winter?

If there are fewer hotel rooms available (due to hurricane damage) why would capacity be down?

4.5* HOTWIRE Providenciales, Turks and Caicos for $384.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Travel Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> i'd agree that the best guess for this one would be the Windsong on the Reef

Assuming this is the Windsong on the Reef, this is about a $150/nite discount vs. the regular rate for your dates, so even if the price will decrease in the next 2 months, how much do you think it will go down by?  The regular rate would have to go down by about 25%+ before you're at the already discounted HOTWIRE rate.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

what I meant in regards to capacity being down is that perhaps fewer tourists are heading to the Caribbean this winter just because the hurricane was in the recent news. It's just a guess. Most of the hotels have already reopened or will reopen by the end of the year except the Club Med which is slated to reopen in February 2018.

Also, in regards to the price going down, what I meant was that I would hope the Hot Rate price would fall in the next two months, not the regular rate. Searching for a similar 3 day trip in December (12/16 - 12/19), this same 4.5* hotel with the same exact specs comes up as a Hot Rate for $263/night. I realize that December and January are different months with January likely being higher season but it gives you an idea of the potential decrease in price as you get closer to the check-in date.

I will keep you updated on my decision. Right now, only thing I can do is continue to look until I'm 28 days before check-in as that is the last day I can cancel my backup hotel.

I knew exactly what you meant, but i don't see the correlation... maybe you get people thinking "they could use the help let's vacation there to help their economy". 

Let us know if/when prices drop into your 'buy zone' and we'll have a look at anything that is within your budget.

You may also want to check out another site we run RefundableRates.com to see if there are any other properties that meet your criteria to use as a back-up reservation.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and ultimate decision.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

What did you decide to book for this trip (and for how much)?

Are you seeing anything on PRICELINE EXPRESS within your budget? You can also use the current 5% promotion in my signature or the Priceline Coupon page.

Thank you for keeping us updated and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

There weren't any Priceline Express deals that were within budget.

I ended up booking the Royal West Indies Resort. I booked it through a website called onlyTurksAndCaicos.com as they had a lower rate than the hotel directly for a Studio Ocean View room. Total with tax for 3 nights came out to $1,172.68. Reviews on this website seem legit.

Checking Hotwire again tonight, the 4.5* resort that I have been watching that started at $384, then went up to $429 is now down to $315/night  ($1,251.31 including all fees.) Unfortunately, at this point I cannot cancel my backup hotel as most if not all the main resorts in T&C have very strict cancellation policies during the high season months, typically not allowing any refunds 21-28 days before check-in. I did not want to chance waiting until the last minute without a backup hotel so I had to book something. I was hoping the Hot Rates would come down prior to the cancellation period ending but it wasn't meant to be this time. This was a tough destination to predict since I'm going during the high season so it was a little difficult to predict whether or not the prices would come down. In the end, they did come down and I may have booked the Hot Rate of $315/night if I could; however, after actually reading reviews of the Windsong Resort vs. the Royal West Indies Resort, the consensus is that the location of the Royal West Indies is better than the Windsong. The Windsong is newer so has better rooms but who goes to the Caribbean to stay indoors?

The room I booked is an ocean "view" room (not oceanfront) but chances are the Hot Rate room I would have received @ $315 would be a garden view room. Just a guess.

Anyways, thanks for all your help as always. I am happy with the hotel that I have for this trip and hopefully next time a Hot Rate will work.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]