Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

CNP
By CNP,
in

Hello all,

I am really stuck here, I am in need of some help - I have tried various bids but no luck.

• 4* Times Square hotel from Dec 4th - Dec 10th. $230 a night maximum.

What are my next best options? To bid or express? To book now or wait until a few days before?

Appreciate your advice in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To confirm, you have thus far tried bidding for a 4 star hotel, only in the Times Square zone, up to $230/nite? (or is that your maximum bid amount but have not yet reached this limit?)

If you're not aware, your dates above are seasonably one of the most expensive weeks in NYC, as the city is busy with lots of people who come to see the holiday events (storefront windows, tree at Rock Center, Rockettes, etc) and to finish their holiday shopping.

At current rates you're likely looking about about $260-$285 for a nice 4 star hotel that is conveniently located (but outside of the boundaries of what PRICELINE defines as the 'Times Square' zone)... or about $325/nite to stay in the Times Square zone (although i will mention that you certainly do not need to stay directly in Times Square... the $260-$285/nite hotels that i'm referencing should make it easy enough to get to Times Square when you would like to, and i suspect you will be in Times Square far less than you expect)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed (as well as what you have already tried) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello 

Thanks for your reply - so far I have tried $180 as a max on bidding for 4* in Times Square.

Ideally looking for a 4* hotel with no more then 15mins into Times Square on the subway. Could you recommend any surrounding areas with things to do, great places to eat and not too expensive. 

Last year we stayed at The Roosevelt hotel but the prices are ridiculous.

Thanks again

Trying to stay within a 15 minute subway ride is fairly easy as this would include most of the centrally located Manhattan zones... but your budget is the issue here, as it's not realistic at current prices; as per my previous comments above, at the moment you're realistically looking at $260-$285/nite for a 4* hotel (which is still a good bit away from the $180  you have tried)

How are you arriving to the city? (if by plane, which airport(s) are you flying in/out of)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$260 is the low end of the range that i thought it would likely take.  If you were successful at $260 it would be the result of bidding on PRICELINE in which case you would have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone(s) that you choose.

If you're willing to spend $260 this would be my suggestion (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $301 ($285 using the board's Priceline Coupon)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan which is a new property that has been getting great reviews (and currently the #1 rated hotel in NYC with a 5.0 TA rating)... if you're wiling to spend $260 for some random hotel i think it would be worth the extra $25/nite to ensure a fantastic hotel and a great experience

Your thoughts?

Same property... that link goes directly to the property researched, if the hotel itself had changed, you would see a message that the offer was no longer available.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you scored a nice deal at this new, and incredibly reviewed, property.

For breakfast one day i recommend this place that is a short walk from your hotel:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between Seventh and Eighth Avenues on the north side of the street)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]