Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Times Square North) Ameritania At Times Square

tvhagen
By tvhagen,
in

Looked in the list of hotels on BB and didn't see a 3.5* hotel for this area.  Going on a girl's trip for my first time and want to stay near theater district.  Gets 7+ for reviews.  Price is for two double beds  

Amenities listed are:

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

3.5* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen for $134
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this offer would be The Watson Hotel

I'm very familiar with NYC... do you have more than double occupancy per room OR is it just two people who don't want to share the same bed?

What is your maximum budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- and please follow-up this previous San Diego Priceline Express hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE when searching for 2 people:

4.5* HOTWIRE Theater District - Midtown West for $152.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess here would be the Tryp Times Square South, which has also been reported to the board previously with this amenity set. Well-reviewed (the listing shows a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating), but you would have to contact the hotel to see if you could work something out regarding more than one bed (two beds, sofabed or rollaway.) The hotel may have no problem with assigning you a room with two beds, may charge an upgrade or may say no. Depends on the dates, the hotel and possibly who you talk to. The Tryp does have rooms with 2 beds. With how small rooms often are in NYC, some properties do not.

When I search HOTWIRE for 2 adults/2 children (even if there isn't 2 children, indicating 4 people should result in bedding for the party indicated (that may mean 2 beds, 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed), I see:

4.5* Theater District - Midtown West for $185.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Again, likely the Tryp.

Let us know your thoughts or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Search using our BiddingHelper.com for 2adults/0children and you'll see:

4.5* Theater District - Midtown West for $152.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> as noted this is believed to be the TRYP By Wyndham Times Square South.  Click the RED CONTINUE button and note the details of this offer (most notably the 4 rating for all categories except 'quality of service' which is 3.5).

Now go to the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab in the BiddingHelper.com (or do a new search with our HOTWIRE link) and look at the 4.5* listing in this zone for the same price... it too has the same 'ratings' as the one above EXCEPT in the 'regular' HW tab of BiddingHelper.com it offers a BED CHOICE where one of those choices is a room with 2 Queen beds for the same $152/nite.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't recommend bidding, as there's a definite risk in NYC of one bed plus you have to be willing to accept anything in the zone at the star rating picked. Given that, in NYC you could fairly easy wind up with a hotel that doesn't have 2 bed options or rooms with 2 beds are an upgrade/considerable upgrade.

I'd really stick with HOTWIRE/PRICELINE EXPRESS. As for the potential Tryp and HOTWIRE, they do have rooms w/2 beds and you may be able to call the hotel and request that with no problem, but there's definitely no guarantee of that.  If you really don't want to risk, then it becomes looking for a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS listing with bed choice. Searching on HOTWIRE for 4 (2 adults/2 children) even if there aren't two children should result in some form of bedding for the number of people indicated. The potential Tryp on HOTWIRE is a good deal for NYC during the traditionally busy first half of December.

When searching for 2 for 12/11-14 on HOTWIRE I'm seeing:

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $138.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Ameritania.

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $151.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Washington Jefferson.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

I picked the 3.5* Boutique, Smoke-Free, Fitness and HS Internet and it was the Ameritania.   Total was $596.83. I would have been happy with this hotel or the Belvedere (which HW stated that the last person won) and am looking forward to our trip.  Thanks for the awesome help!

Congrats on your success.

Certainly a very nice deal for this well-reviewed property! Glad you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay.

NOTE for the future the 'Last person got ___' information shown by HOTWIRE is relative to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily in relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the site's Hotwire Hotel List with the change in amenity set for this property.

Please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]