Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Valley Forge North - Norristown) Hyatt House Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting

evonna_21
By evonna_21,
in

I won a bid of 88$ for two nights for thanksgiving weekend. I tried to bid lower like 59 but said I needed to increase bid. Should I have came back another day to get a lower price. I checked expressed after the fact. New to this site. Could have saved 7$ but wondering how to bid for even lower or if it's possible.  My other question is how will I know if I got the room size I wanted. Do I need to call the hotel. 

Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet (in Public Area)

Free Parking

Pet Friendly

Outdoor Pool

Non-Smoking

Gym

Handicap Accessible

Business Center

Welcome to Betterbidding! :biggrin:

The issue with pricing is that it can go both ways. You may have gotten a lower bid accepted closer to the date, but there's also a very good chance you would have had to have had a higher bid. Right after 2008, people were getting a lot of good last minute deals, but now that demand has considerably grown, there are more and more instances of prices rising as the dates get closer.

If you bid $59 and it told you that you needed to increase to $88, that is a counter-offer. The counter-offer is not the required price to win, the price is somewhere in-between the last failed bid and the counter offer and you can continue to try to bid if you get a counter-offer in the future.

PRICELINE/HOTWIRE purchases guarantee a regular/non-upgraded room. You can call the hotel to ask about room options and see what they say in regards to availability. Some PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE listings do offer bed choice options.

Can you confirm the date/s of travel so that this win can be reflected in the site's Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]