Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District - Embarcadero) Club Quarters Hotel In San Francisco

in

At first Priceline Express was cheaper, but then they said they didn't have inventory when I tried to click thru the lowest level.  Hotwire, with the $10 off coupon was then slightly cheaper. The problem is that the next morning the price had gone down by $15, but no one at Hotwire [extremely difficult to get a person at] would help.  It's not saving that much now over booking direct - and a lot more hassle and treated worse by the hotel.

This is the continuing issue with both Priceline & Hotwire:  because they don't show the total with all their fees, you can't easily compare prices to outside/direct sources, and by the time you get locked in you discover it's not such a great deal after all, and you usually have far fewer choices over room/bed type.

Here are the ammenities listed:

Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Sorry to hear the price dropped after your purchase, but it just as easily could have gone the other way and increased after your purchase.

I'm not sure why you're having an issue getting a hold of somebody at HOTWIRE as i've always been able to get somebody on the phone when needed (just how much they are able to understand complex issues or enabled they are to resolve a situation is another story), but even if you do speak to somebody i don't think they're going to be of much help as you don't have much recourse in a situation such as this.  There is a best rate guarantee if a regular rate purchase is cheaper than what you paid thru the Hot Rate deal.. but none if the hot rate deal goes down after your purchase.

Also, all taxes/fees (and now, for the most part, resort fees too) are shown prior to your purchase, although you do need to click thru to the check-out page in order to see this information (which is how most booking agencies operate, so HOTWIRE is no different in this regard).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]