Hotwire Hotel: 4.5-star Resort in Wailea - Makena area

jodiinyyc
By jodiinyyc,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click on the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

If you see on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Wailea - Makena for $422.00
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll guess the Grand Wailea.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Wailea - Makena for $418
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Grand Wailea for slightly cheaper, plus you can use the promotion in my signature.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi there. Thanks for the quick reply.  This is what I found:

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Also I found this one for same dates. 

$384 usd 

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Suite, Boutique hotel, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette, Spa services

Any idea which this one is?

thanks in advance!!!

4 hours ago, jodiinyyc said:

This is what I found:

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

The above matches the amenity set that AaronJB listed in his previous post:

4 hours ago, AaronJB said:

4.5* HOTWIRE Wailea - Makena for $422.00
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll guess the Grand Wailea.

So the guess would remain with the Grand Wailea

For the $384/nite HOTWIRE offer in your last post, please remember to also include the star rating and zone that the property is located in as it makes it easier for us to locate the same property among the offers when we replicate your search.  I assume this is the one you're seeing:

4.5* HOTWIRE Wailea - Makena for $384.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Suite
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
Spa
==> for this one i'm not 100% certain, but my guess would be the Hotel Wailea, Relais and Chateaux 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is it that you intend to book direct (please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com) and for how much?

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, jodiinyyc said:

so the rate is about $685 without taxes.

The rate of what??  And is that $685USD or CAD?  Please keep all rates posted to the board in USD as it makes prices consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Using the HOTWIRE hotel suggested above as an example (i haven't yet confirmed if this is indeed offered for two different date ranges of your trip if you were to break off one/two nites):

4.5* Wailea - Makena for $384.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Suite
Boutique
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
Spa
==> while my guess would be the Hotel Wailea, Relais and Chateaux, should this be some other property, what is the downside... a hotel that is 100% recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests and has a 5.0 TA rating (although i suspect this may actually be 4.5 at the moment based upon the time of HOTWIRE's last update); not a bad 'consolation price' :wink:

If it is this property (or some other that you would want) then you go ahead and immediately purchase the additional nites... if it's something different that you didn't want (although it does sound pretty good based upon the information given) then you make other plans for the rest of your trip.

Of if you're looking for something a bit less expensive i am seeing what i'm fairly confident is the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa for $311/nite (before fees/taxes) should this be of any interest.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do.

Sorry! I'm not very good at this. This is first time I've ever posted on a forum.

I tried to see if i could book like you said - book 1 night and then 6 nights. The price for 1 night went from $384 to $429. But for the 6 nights it stayed at $384.

thank you very much for your help.

Are you interested in splitting the stay and testing the waters with a solo nite (which if successful will open the door to you potentially saving for every nite of the remainder of your trip)?  If so, i'll try to play around with this to see if i can get an option that will work for you... or are you not going to be comfortable buying an 'opaque' hotel no matter what?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]