Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help!

Travelocidee
By Travelocidee,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

If you are trying to place a bid at $70, the next screen does not mean that that bid has been accepted - you have to click to finalize the purchase and then the service searches to see if any hotels will accept. Additionally, there is no way to know exactly which hotel you will get when bidding - you have to be willing to accept any hotel at that star rating in that zone.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS I'm seeing (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3* Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union for $88
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A guess here would be the Holiday Inn or Four Points Sheraton Downtown. You can also use the site's promotion for PRICELINE EXPRESS in my signature, which takes 5% off. This brings the per night to $83 and change before taxes/fees. You were trying to bid $70 for a 2* (which may not be accepted). This would be a 3* for about $14 more per night than the bid you were going to try and this actually gets good ratings (the listing has an 8+ rating.) The 2* you may win bidding could definitely not have as high a rating.

Would the 3* be of interest? Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hello! Can you please help me find a hotel with the following info:

- 2-Star Hotel, 2.5-Star Hotel, or 3-Star Hotel with a

- Nightly Rate: $60-$79 USD

- Northgate - Northwest Seattle Area, Seattle, WA   -OR-

Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union, Seattle, WA

- Dates: 10/26/2017-11/02/2017

All help would be GREATLY appreciated!! I am new at this, so I appreciate all information you can provide. Thank you!!!

-Dee

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

To summarize:

2* or higher

Northgate - Northwest Seattle or Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union

$79 or less

To move forward...

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive 2* or better for this stay?

What exactly is it that is important to you in a hotel for this trip? (what is the most important factor(s)... price, location, quality of hotel, etc)?

As it appears you were originally due to check-in yesterday, and as it's already 6pm (PST) today are your plans firm and are you ready to purchase a hotel for tonite?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4 hours ago, Travelocidee said:

My check-out date is TBD

When will your dates be finalized (as it looks like you have have delayed check-in by another day as well)... as it's possible that the rate changes based upon your check-out date, which would effect our suggested bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]