Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Champions Gate - West Of Disney) Bahama Bay Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Yo Eleven
By Yo Eleven,
in

Any idea what this location is?

3.5-star 2 Bedroom Condo in Champions Gate - West of Disney area

Check in: 10/20/17
Check Out: 10/2/17

Price per night: $66.00 per night
Resort Fee: $5.95 per night

Complimentary

Free Internet Free parking

Amenities

2-bedroom suite Air conditioningFitness centerFull kitchenLaundry in room Pool(s)Restaurant(s)

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

Additionally, please confirm the correct check-out date and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Here are the full amenities using the Easy Tab:

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Kitchenette

5 hours ago, Yo Eleven said:

Check in: 10/20/17
Check Out: 10/2/17

3 hours ago, AaronJB said:

please confirm the correct check-out date

???

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For this one:

3.5* HOTWIRE Champions Gate - West of Disney for $66.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
BR2
Kitchen
A/C
Laundry in room
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
24hr Front Desk
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Kitchenette
==> best guess would be the Bahama Bay Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For this property HOTWIRE indicates the additional fee:

This hotel charges a resort fee of about $5.95 per room per night

I don't think you can dispute the resort fee at all, but if HOTWIRE is now indicating an additional cleaning fee that is not disclosed until after the purchase is made then i would give them a call and either get them to get the cleaning fee waived, or if they can't, then to cancel your purchase.

Good luck and let us know their response and how you're able to resolve this with them.

Thank you for your response. Yes, the resort fee was properly disclosed. No issue with that.

The cleaning fee appears to not have been properly disclosed per the FTC guidelines that the disclosure of is "clear and conspicuous" when booking the reservation.

I called Hotwire. They understand my concern and offered me a  credit refund on a non cancellable  reservation. However, a $100 cancel fee would apply.
Since the cleaning fee is less than the cancel fee I declined the credit refund offer.

I called the property and expressed my concern. They told me to take it up with Hotwire. It is their policy which is disclosed on their website. One problem. I booked through a third party and did not know officially what the actual property would be until after the transaction was completed. This charge will apply at the time of stay.  Any reasonable consumer would go ahead and stay at the property and dispute the improper undisclosed charge during the visit.

I believe it is the property's responsibility to make certain the third party has their information that is "clear and conspicuous" during the booking phase of the transaction.  It is the property that will be charging the fee, not Hotwire.

This is going to be a very interesting scenario and a learning exercise. This forum as been very helpful. I frequent Hotwire often and have been satisfied with their services

I am not sure if this should be marked as a "Win" because essentially I am already disputing the improperly disclosed fee. You may want to follow this transaction and see what the outcome is. The trip is next week so this will take place soon.

I am satisfied with the better bidding forum and hotwire. I am unsatisfied that it appears that the cleaning fee of $80 which is beyond the threshold that any reasonable consumer, if disclosed properly, would have selected another option.

Stay tuned. I will update you with what happens. Thank you.

My suggestion, assuming you're OK with a refund, is to call HOTWIRE one more time, speak to a supervisor, and explain the situation one last time (it will be easier if you can resolve this now rather than dispute it later, imo)

Good luck and let us know what ultimately happens.

Everyone who is reading this post. ALWAYS listen to the recommendations given by the Admins of the Better Bidding forum.

Okay. Here is what happened. I called Hotwire. The representative wanted to look up my reservation and see if he can assist.

I of course allowed him to do just that. He went over the notes from last nights phone call. He understood my concerns.
He offered the same cancellation with the 100 dollar fee. I of course respectfully declined and requested to speak
to a supervisor. That request was immediately given and a supervisor came on shortly.

She read the notes and understood my concerns. She explained to me Hotwire's policy regarding blind bookings.

They cannot refund directly, HOWEVER she called the hotel on my behalf and explained the situation while
I was placed on hold. She came back on and the property agreed to refund my payment. This was absolutely
fantastic. I should be receiving a refund on my credit card in the coming days.

Now, I asked the supervisor about this and explained these fees need to be disclosed. She suggested I do not do blind bookings
as these fees can show up after the booking is completed. I asked:  What if the cleaning fee is $500.00?
Is this reasonable? I do not think that just because it is a blind booking that these fees should not be disclosed. It is not fair to the consumer.
It does appear they have received other complaints (not necessarily regarding this property) but of the hidden fee in
general.

in closing I applaud Hotwire for helping me. I also applaud this property for doing the right thing and issuing a refund.
This speaks highly of their customer service.

I think Hotwire needs to look into this matter and suggested they review their listings and how fees are disclosed.

Now I am up in arms on what to do here? I still need to find a place to stay. Is this simply a fluke or should I expect
undisclosed fees on another booking I make?

Thank you again for all your help here. This is quite an interesting experience.

:smile:

Glad to hear it's resolved and to your satisfaction... we're happy to have been able to help.

HOTWIRE (and PRICELINE) used to not disclose resort fees but both now do so (about 98% of the time, still a handful of properties in the system here and there which have not been updated)... hopefully over time all properties will show all fees.

If you don't need a condo-type property you may want to try to avoid those in the future as those are the most likely place that you'll see an unexpected cleaning fee... or if you do need a condo-style property then go with PRICELINE EXPRESS for a bit so that if you do have an issue it won't be as if you had just made a complaint about the same issue.

For help with a replacement stay please start a NEW TOPIC but i did give a quick look for something in the general area for about the same price and saw this one (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3.5* Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World for $65
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess for this one would be the Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld, but also note this property has a $22 resort fee, but you can also use the board 5% discount for PRICELINE EXPRESS properties (using the link and code at the top of the page or in my signature)... either way you can report your win if going for the one above, or ask for help, in a new thread (since the topic title of this one already reflects the details of your previous purchase)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]