SFO San Francisco Fullsize Hertz

GeoL
By GeoL,
in

Hello. Looking to bid on SFO rental car, probably full size, and am looking for bidding recommendations.  Without bidding, Priceline offers the car for $18 per day (pay in full now, $19 or $20 for pay in full at time of pick up).  

Assuming I can do better than that with bidding, where should I start the bidding?  

Also, I looked at these same cars for same dates one month ago, and the price has now dropped $10 per day.  So I'm very happy I put off the booking and waited.  

Thanks. 

Please reply here with the actual dates of your rental and we will have a close look.

If you have made any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases (or even failed bids) in the 10+ years since your lost post on the board, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins, so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The $16-$18 rates are thru 'second tier' rental companies (EZ Rent a Car, Advantage, Payless, Fox, etc) which are not any of the companies that PRICELINE uses on their bidding/NYOP side for rental cars... the least expensive rental for your dates above from 'first tier' rental companies that also participate on the bidding side of PRICELINE is $26/day (Sixt and Alamo)

So first question in determining how to proceed is:

Are you OK renting from one of the 'second' tier rental companies?

If so, would it be worth any amount more to rent from one of the first tier companies? (ie- maybe for $2/day more you would prefer one of the top tier companies... but if it's going to be $10 more per day then you would go with one of the second tier companies)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just got a car, started at $15 for a full size car, and got it on first try. Wish I had started at $13 or $14, but $15 per day is still a good deal.

So, Hertz, full size car, SFO $15. per day and $67.51 for taxes and fees, total $202.51.  

Thanks for your help. 

Congratulations on your success!

A very a nice deal for a rental i the city.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]