Hotwire Hotel: need help identifying

earwig
By earwig,
in

Nov. 4th

4.5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area $190.00

Amenities

Children's activities, Fitness center, Pet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms, free internet

4.5 rating with 5 total reviews

can't match it with any of the options listed on hotel list.

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

If you see:

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $190.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  A guess would be the Viceroy.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm quite familiar with the city and would be happy to research and offer recommendations.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

This is my first time examining your search gadget. I do see the same amenities as listed above. Also with the 100 percent rating somehow as compared to the HOTWIRE site that said 95 percent. Also looking at a hotel for 183.00 that could be the radison aqua blue or fairmont. I think I'll go with the vicoroy though. It's new. That means clean. That's exciting.

I didn't realize how far north it is. I had a request to book near the river or millennial park so I'll hold off to check if  location is okay. If not maybe I'll have to go with the Hyatt. First choice was the Westin on the river or Chicago Atheletic club and $220.00 all in is the maximum. I'll use the link and post the results. Thanks.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the dates of travel are showing on the detail age after clicking the links below) I'm seeing:

4.5* Downtown - River North for $184
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>This would be a possible match for the James, which is an easy walk from the river.

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $127
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Possible match for the Hyatt on Wacker, which is right on the river. Giant, convention-oriented hotel but reasonable rate for these dates.

Would either of these possibilities be of interest? Unfortunately I'm not seeing what appears to be the Westin River North

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the info. I thought the James would work  but it came to $240.00 which was more than I wanted to spend.  This morning the Chicago athletic club prices dropped on HOTWIRE non express and I was able to reserve a refundable room for $236.00 including fees. Still more than I would like to pay. So I’m still going to track prices here and see if anything cheaper/better pops up. Thanks for you help. 

You can also search one of our other sites RefundableRates.com to see if there is anything else near where you want to stay that is refundable up until a few days prior to your arrival (there is also a ticker box there to see hotels that are non-refundable, you may also want to check that too just in case there is something offered that is worth locking in at a lower price)

Let us know what you ultimately end up doing for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again, trying to figure out which hotel this might be

$192.00 river north 11/4

four star

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

90% rating

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE when searching for 11/4:

4* River North for $192.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be Hotel Chicago, which has been seen with this amenity set previously. The detail page for the listing shows a 4/5 tripadvisor rating. If the Chicago, this used to be the House of Blues Hotel and is right on the river.

Also seeing:

4.5* HOTWIRE Millennium Park for $184.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Swissotel, which has been seen with this amenity set previously.

Would either of these possibilities be of interest?

Let us know what you decide and if we can be of any further assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $130
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> these amenities are fairly generic for a 4 star 'downtown' hotel so i don't see anything that would exclude the EMC2 from the possibilities, but my first guess would be the Raffaello Hotel with the Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago as a secondary option

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

okay thanks. Being that it's a priceline hotel I wasn't sure where to put it. I was guessing EMC2 because it has a rating of 9 and only 20 reviews. Weird though when I go to the payment screen ready to purchase it then says it has a rating of 8. The same thing happens with another hotel. It says rating of 9 initially and then rating of 7 on the payment screen. I would just be bummed out to get the  Raffaello Hotel with the Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago since I wouldn't have chosen them. 

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS currently (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page):

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $130
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>I'm seeing an 8+ rating with this listing and would agree with the Knickerbocker as being the most likely result.

Also:

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $134
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>Likely the W Lakeshore

4.5* Downtown - River North for $158
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the James

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE today:

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $106.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  Not certain, but a guess here would be the Westin Michigan Ave. The SCARYSAVINGS promotion in my signature takes $10 off making this $96. For one night - and especially if you're going to be out in the city and not spending a ton of time in the room - this is a good value and a very good location.

I'll also note on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE River North for $125.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  This amenity set has been seen previously with the Palomar.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]