Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast) Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile

triciawilliams
By triciawilliams,
in

Hi all

I am booking a 5 star hotel through HOTWIRE

Chicago, Magnificent Mile

October 21-22

$418 per nite

full list of amenities

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

90% recommended

4.5 out of 5.0

Rating from 1,675+ Trip Advisor Reviews

I'm guessing Park Hyatt, but wondering everyone's thoughts

Also checking out a 4.5 star hotel through Hotwire

Chicago, Magnificent Mile

October 21-22

$225 per nite

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

95% recommended

4.5 out of 5.0

Rating from 3,532+  Trip Advisor reviews

Guessing Omni, but wondering everyone's thoughts

Also, I am new to this.  Does anyone recommend bidding for a room over booking one of these?  Curious as to your input! Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

34 minutes ago, triciawilliams said:

Does anyone recommend bidding for a room over booking one of these?

Depends what is most important to you for this stay... are you looking for the lowest possible price OR willing to pay a little more in order to have a guess as to what it is that you may receive?

However, and perhaps a bigger question... are you willing to pay $400+ for a hotel room for this nite?  $200+ when there are what appears to be some other very nice options, such as (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the links provided below):

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $165
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile

What are your needs for this trip and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt Centric is an excellent property in a great location right off the core of the Michigan Ave area. $165 is a very good deal vs comparable properties for these dates.

Also on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $329
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>A guess would be the Trump

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further help. I'd also be happy to answer any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for your help!  After reading your posts, I think I am going to book the Priceline Express Deal and hope for the Hyatt Centric.  I guess my only other question would be, is there any benefit to waiting even longer to book the room?  Or, since it is only a week out, book now to lock in this price instead of betting on a better deal in a couple days... what is your experience with this?  Thanks again, I really appreciate everyones input!

If you're happy with the hotel guessed and the deal being offered i would lock this in now... what if the opposite of the above happens and this property disappears entirely from the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers for your dates?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]