Hotwire Hotel: Hotel Help 10/22 - 10/28

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi 

Looking for hotel help for 2 - 3 nights anytime within 10/22 - 10/28 - On vacation that week & would like to surprise my aunt with a visit. Last year we scored on the EVEN hotel for a wedding July 3rd for approx 150.00 p/n. I see pricing during our time frame this year is much higher. Can anyone recommend a hotel in this general area that they see on HOTWIRE etc....that they would stay at? We are very flexible, but of course LOVED the EVEN hotel & would like to try & stay anywhere with good pricing "with a comparable quality" ....I am not a huge city gal & know finding somewhere in NYC thats nice is not easy...lol

Of course ideally I like the 150.00 p/n price we scored last time, but I'm getting the feeling thats not going to happen in our dates this year, so I could go higher if we had to, but not over 200.00 (ugh!!) p/n ...if it helps, I believe she lives near cross streets of 8TH & W 28TH & very near Penn station

July is typically low season in NYC (and July 4th timeframe has fewer business travelers which made your previous trip even cheaper) whereas Fall is high-season... that is the reason for the price difference i'm sure you're experiencing.

I'm seeing this offer (confirm your dates (10/22-10/24) on the landing page after clicking the links provided below):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $169
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan which is a new hotel that has been getting excellent reviews and would be very convenient to your Aunt's location

If you wanted to make this a 3 nite stay (10/22-10/25) the price goes up $201/nite (CLICK HERE... but confirm your dates on the landing page, just as per above)

I also do believe i'm seeing the EVEN for $205/nite, but give this is over your target budget, and the appealing offer available above, i would go for trying to target the Crowne Plaza HY36, but i mention the EVEN just in case you were interested in returning there for $205/nite.

Does the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you Thereuare!! Agree with logistics on why prices more expensive - The Crowne looks great, we are going to "mull" it over for now, mostly because we really wanted to stay 3 nights, but it bumps up the price alot!! Completely realize the deal may be gone, but we are going to roll the dice for a bit...will keep thread updated on our final decision....NYC is pricey "in season" YIKES!!

12 hours ago, thereuare said:

If you wanted to make this a 3 nite stay (10/22-10/25) the price goes up $201/nite (CLICK HERE... but confirm your dates on the landing page, just as per above)

Sunday nite is typically the least expensive nite of the week in NYC (tourists have already gone home and business travelers have not yet arrived) which is why the 2-nite Sunday and Monday nites stay is so cheap... the low rate of Sunday brings down the average cost when including the more expensive Monday nite.  When adding a 2nd more expensive nite, the price jumps (to only $1 more than what you indicated was your maximum budget)

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher between now and your trip, but if you're specifically looking for quality hotel and not just any 'run of the mill' 4* or better hotel i would seriously consider taking the Crowne or EVEN while they are available as i'm not sure just how realistic a very highly reviewed hotel near the $150 price point is going to be for a 3 nite stay this time of year.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After MUCH thought , we have decided not to jump onto the "deal" for now (it was still there last night) - We really want to stay 3 nights when we go, & its "pricey" - along with business travelers, there are quite a few street food festivals going on in this time frame, so its a super busy time! We will just perhaps look last minute if prices change, or just go somewhere else on a whim!! A HUGE thank you though for the heads up on the the new Crowne Plaza hotel!! We will look into doing this trip at a later date, & now have 2 hotels to keep in mind that will be nice....

When its time, I may ask to confirm my "finds" to identify, & of course I will support this site by clicking thru the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links!! Love this site!!

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision... you can just continue this thread should you change your mind and the trip is back 'on'.

NOTE that street food festivals in NYC are generally meaningless in terms of hotel demand/prices.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]