Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5* Madison Square Garden (12/21-21/24)

allanweinman
By allanweinman,
in

Hi, 

Seeking for NYC hotel max $200 per night for 12/21-21/24, 3 nights.

I found what I think is a great deal in MSG with $149 per night.

Need help to identify it, thanks!!

3.5-star Hotel in Madison Square Garden area, $149

95% recommend it

Complimentary:  Free Internet

Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Self-service,  laundry, Smoke-free rooms

I think it is the Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY.  But it is missing alot of the amenities, like complimentary breakfast and the kitchennette.  I am ready to get it right now.  Have already clicked on your link to get to this point.

Thanks,

Allan

I don't think this is the Homewood Suites as, in addition to the 'missing' amenities above, that property (afaik) doesn't have a Restaurant on-site which HOTWIRE is indicating the current hotel does have.

I'm seeing lot of hotels that are within this price range, some even less and higher rated... what is it exactly that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi - thanks for your response. . .  I am guessing it is the Wyndham New Yorker (that lost 1/2*) or some new one.

Anyway - I am looking for a hotel within a certain distance of Time Square:

The following are in order of where we would like to be.

1. Theatre District - midtown west

2. Times Square North

3. Times Square South

4. Central Park South

5. Madison Sq Garden

6. Chelsea

7. Empire State Building - Bryant Park

But if you found something amazing and cheap that fit our following requirements in the following areas, I could consider it:

Meatpacking - Greenwich village

Rockefeller Centre

Midtown East

Union Square - Flat Iron

We are looking for a hotel that receives really good ratings.  I read many of the reviews on Tripadvisor and that is why I really liked the Homewood suites as it receives great reviews.

We do not need a restaurant nor concierge nor room service, etc.

We would like

Not too tiny.  (I understand large or even medium sized hotels rooms are hard to find in NYC.  It is just that we do not want a POD - I have seen rooms that are the width of the bed and that is even smaller than a cruise cabin - we would take a small room if it was really thought out well and we were able to walk around the bed.  LOL!)

Free internet

Free breakfast OR kitchenette

Fitness centre

Smoke free rooms.

I think I found the Homewood suites - but at $227 + fees it is too high for us:

<dead link removed>

Thanks for your help.

Allan

Free breakfast is fairly rare at higher star levels, and sometimes better deals can be had at properties that don't offer breakfast to the point where you can take the savings and eat locally. Free internet is also not that common in NYC.

I am seeing on HOTWIRE:

3.5* Theater District - Midtown West for $176.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Staybridge Times Square would be my guess. Gets 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor.

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $196.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Childrens Activities
==>  Guess would be the Blakely.

Both listings show a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page, so reviews are certainly good.

Would either of these options be of interest?

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

22 hours ago, allanweinman said:

I am guessing it is the Wyndham New Yorker (that lost 1/2*)

The Wyndham New Yorker is still 4* rated by HOTWIRE and would not be 95%/100% (keeps changing for this offer from one search to the next) recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests.

22 hours ago, AaronJB said:

sometimes better deals can be had at properties that don't offer breakfast to the point where you can take the savings and eat locally.

This is very true in NYC... if you don't need anything elaborate you can get coffee and a bagel (or donut) from a cart for $1 OR find a bodega (small supermarket often with a deli and grill) that offers morning specials; an egg sandwich with coffee for $2-$3 or a platter of eggs/hash browns/toast can be had for about $3 as well (many also have seating on an upper or lower level).

22 hours ago, allanweinman said:

$227 + fees it is too high for us

To help streamline our search, please let us know your target budget (per nite before taxes/fees)... although i will add that the $176/nite offer from HOTWIRE referenced above, believed to be the Staybridge Suites Times Square, seems to meet all of your needs; how about that one?

If you take the 3.5* HOTWIRE Theater District - Midtown West offer above let us know how it goes OR let us know your budget and we will try to be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi - thanks for your help - I haven't purchased yet.  Still looking.

We have stayed at the Staybridge Suites before and do like it.  The price through Hotwire is not the best though.

Hotwire:  876.99 CAD

Booking.com: $909.35 CAD

AmericanExpress: $950.72 CAD

So I am in no rush to move forward with the bid right now.  I have not booked anywhere yet.  And will use your link if I go with HOTWIRE.  I always open with your link.

Though my better half is now saying maybe to stay in a very high end hotel - if we can get a great deal.

So now looking (at the same areas I highlighted above) but 4.5* or 5* that comes in for under $1200 Canadian max.

Requirements are still a fitness centre and a mini-fridge or at least a bar fridge that can be used.

Breakfast and full kitchen are not necessary if we go the luxury root.

Wow - there are a good number of higher end hotels charging an extra daily 'resort or destination' fee (per room or per guest) for 'extras'.  That is very sneaky

I understand I am still all over the place - but not in a rush so continue to look around.  The biggest requirement is that the hotel has very high client reviews!

Allan

2 hours ago, allanweinman said:

I understand I am still all over the place - but not in a rush so continue to look around.

Researching hotels can be a time consuming process, and the offers can/do change frequently, so please first give some serious thought as to what type of hotel it is that you want for this stay so that you're ready to commit to a property that is of interest (otherwise it can disappear while you're still thinking about what you want for this stay and then we're back to ground zero). 

Once you are ready to commit a hotel purchase let us know how you'd like to proceed and your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes and in USD) and we will have a look at what is available for your dates.

2 hours ago, allanweinman said:

Requirements... a mini-fridge or at least a bar fridge that can be used.

This may be difficult as most higer-end hotels are not going to have a refrigerator as a standard amenity (more likely int he mid-range all-suite hotel such as the Springhill Suites, Residence Inn, etc) and many hotel mini-bars have their merchandise on sensors for easy billing, so you may not be able to simply empty it, fill with your own stuff, and then replace at the end of your stay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]