Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter - Canal Street) Jw Marriott New Orleans

Deanna E
By Deanna E,
in

I've started at 75. All the way up to $100.  I'd like to pay no more than $125 if possible.   I'm looking for 3, 3.5 and 4 star in the French Quarter.  I've won bids in the past for the French Quarter as low as $80 a night. I'm surprised its been very difficult to get a reasonable rate.

Not sure what is going on these dates, but some event certainly seems to be. Unfortunately, rates I'm seeing on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS for French Quarter are around $270 and up; you're likely looking at well over $200 given what I'm seeing. Other areas aren't quite as expensive, but they're still certainly high: even in the downtown area you're likely looking at around $200. Let us know your thoughts - are your dates flexible, any areas outside the city work? - and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm seeing an American Academy of Ophthalmology conference from Nov 10-14 and it appears to be a very big conference, i'm guessing that this is why you're having difficulty getting a cheap room for these dates... i'm seeing regular rate hotels in the $400+ range.

Are you locked into these dates and/or have any flexibility in your plans?  Is this purely a leisure trip or do you have to be near any specific location?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip... but i think $200 is still a significant discount to current rates for these dates that you would need to see a significant drop in rates in the coming weeks for it not to be worth locking in $200 at this point in time (should you be able to get something accepted at this price, which i'm still not so sure that you will be able to)

Is the French Quarter the only acceptable zone or would you also consider Downtown and/or Arts Warehouse?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One more quick question before we suggest a bidding strategy...

Given i think it will likely cost in excess of $200/nite and the conference begins on 11/10, would it be worthwhile to book the first nite separately at a much lower price, and then change hotels for the last 3 nites?

I'm seeing this PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for the first nite (unfortunately not available when adding any additional nites... confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4* French Quarter - Canal Street for $108
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i'm not certain which property this is (Jw Marriott New Orleans, The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, or the Courtyard By Marriott New Orleans French Quarter/iberville would be among the topic possibilities, imo) but given the 8+ user review rating, and more importantly the price, not sure if splitting your PRICELINE purchase into 1nite/3nites and needing to change hotels is worth the savings to you or not

Let us know your thoughts (and how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Given that the convention mentioned above starts at 11/10, prices for 11/9 only are much less, including:

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page)

4* French Quarter - Canal Street for $114
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>Not sure, but a guess here would be the JW Marriott.

The problem is that when then searching for 11/10-13, PRICELINE EXPRESS has no options downtown or in FQ.

HOTWIRE has:

3.5* French Quarter - Bourbon Street for $274.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be Maison Dupuy.

Elsewhere for 11/10-13:

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page)

3.5* New Orleans Airport (MSY) for $114
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport

3.5* Metairie - Harahan for $111
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>I'll guess Brent House or Best Western Landmark

Let us know your thoughts on the above and if you have any questions before booking.

I think I may have a plan that will save "some" money. We'll be saving about $200. I'm thinking maybe I purchase the Express Deal for $114 FQ from Priceline for 11/9 (1 night). Then purchase the Hotwire 3.5* French Quarter - Bourbon Street for $274.00. for the last 3 nights of my trip. total would be 1184.40. this is the cheapest combination I've found. Just got to ask myself if $200 is worth switching hotels after 1 night.. I think it might.

Let us know what you decide (and if you decide to split as indicated please use this thread for your first purchase of 11/9-11/10 and start a NEW TOPIC for your second purchase of 11/10-11/13)... but i will add that the hotel currently available for the first nite is quite a bit less than anything else i'm seeing for this nite, so you may want to decide sooner rather than later OR PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE may make the decision for you by not having that hotel appear any more for that nite.

Keep us updated on your progress/decision.

5 minutes ago, Deanna E said:

I'm thinking of just booking my  first night to lock down that low price of $108

As long as you're willing to change hotels, that is what i would do.

6 minutes ago, Deanna E said:

Not certain what I'm going to do about the last 3 days.. Any suggestions?

Until you decide to lock-in the first nite it's not worthwhile to explore the last 3 nites since as you can see the prices and/or offers can change quickly.

If you do decide to purchase the first nite, you could then also book a refundable reservation (use our sister site RefundableRates.com to view prices that have liberal cancellation policies) for the last 3 nites so that you at least then have a 'worst case scenario' and a known 'price to beat'.

Let us know once you're ready to move forward or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]