Priceline Hotel: 3* Vancouver (Coquitlam-Burnaby) The Inn at New Westminster

fshwilli
By fshwilli,
in

Hi

Need some assistance and help in using Priceline to get a decent hotel In downtown Vancouver. Will be flying into Vancouver and then spending 3 days there before picking up a cruise. Any recent bids and information would be of great value. have not done any bidding yet but would like a good location in Downtown.

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Vancouver...

Bid $66, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $71, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $76, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Maybe I messed up here!! This is what I did. I saw that 3 zones do not have 4*.

Bid $62 Vancouver---rejected

Bid $66 and added Surrey (only up to 2 *shown)---rejected

Bid $75 and added Delta---rejected

Bid $79 and added Langley --rejected

Gave up as had no counter offers! Do you think its too early to get these prices. I noticed that someone had a bid accepted of $66 for a 4* Vancouver for beginning of July so did think we would be able to get the room for under $80......I now have to wait 72 hours but that is fine as we are in advance.

Hotwire 4* was showing up at $150 per night. Far too much

What I did not understand is that you say use Zone 1 but there is no 'zones' displayed. If you look at the order of the areas then Burnaby is the first on the list and that has 4* hotels in that area. So I think I was confused in what zones relate to what areas. I saw that Delta, Langley and Surrey are the only areas that do not have 4* available. So what area does Zone 1 relate to and maybe this is where I went wrong?????I will try the stratergy in 72 hours as I assume I have to wait that long to rebid.

Hi

Tried the stratergy exactly as you said but got rejected as below:

4* Vancouver bid $66 - rejected added rebid zone

Bid $71 rejected added rebid zone 2

Bid $76 - rejected, closed browser and re-accessed PL

Selected 4* Vancouver and zone 3 bid $80 - rejected

Bid $85 and added Zone 1 rejected

Bid $90 added zone 2 - rejected......

Any suggestions or statergy? Do you think its too early for any deals?

It may just be too early, but rates are currently a bit higher than usual, with the Westin already showing as sold-out.

You may be about $15/nite away from success... but not sure if you're willing to raise you bid by this amount or if you'd just prefer to wait it out given this stay is over 5 months away (realizing that inventory could get even tighter rather than looser).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok just to tell the board I have rebid several times after waiting the 24 hours and have follwed the free rebid stratergy on a 4* for Downtown Vancouver. All bids have so far been rejected. My last bid was $115. Any idea why this is?? Do you think I am too far in advance

Hi

Can you help with this description on Hotwire for a 3* at Burnaby/Coquitlan. It is saying it is $66 per night and has the following amenities: pool, comp breakfast, fitness center, kitchenette, high speed internet, business center, laundry facility. Any clue what this would match for as this may be the way for us to go.

Hi

I thought the same except that there is no kitchenette in the Holiday Inn descriptions on any web site. The only 3 * that I can find with this amenity is a Best Western that seems to be a 2* on many other sites. Any clue if Hotwire has Best Westerns as I did not like the look of this place........I have made a cancelable back up booking at The Holiday Inn before I saw this on Hotwire.....

Hotwire defines the Kitchenette icon as follows:

Kitchenette

Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

The Holiday Inn website lists Microwave Oven and Mini Refrigerator as room amenities for this property.

I'll also add that as per our SUPPORT PAGE this board is an affiliate of the Holiday Inn chain of hotels.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

On Hotwire 8/17-8/21/06 3* North Vancouver: $93

Boutique, ocean front, restaurant, fitness center, high speed internet, laundry facility.

Can you help identify this hotel for me. I have been trying for the last few weeks to get a 4* on PL and have bid upto $100 with no luck. Have the Holiday Inn, Burnaby on hold as a backup though. Would really like to get somewhere with a pool, but this is far the best deal seen so far. Thanks for any assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

This came up today on Hotwire: My dates are 8/17 to 8/21. I have bidding for a long time on Priceline upto $90 with no success. My question is which hotel do you think this could be and being as it is showing at a rate of $117 what success do you think I could get a lower price than this on Priceline now. As we are taking a cruise I am not flexible with the dates. I do have a cancellable booking but in Burnaby at the Holiday Inn.

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness center, high speed internet, business center