General Priceline Bidding question

lupacexi
By lupacexi,
in

Hi,

My question is about bidding without changing anything. does it make any sense, if you have the the time, to just keep rebidding with the same price each day? I get the whole idea of being able to rebid quicker by changing areas and so on but I'm just wondering if the same bid for the same stars and area and amount makes any sense. Or is it that once an amount is rejected for say area1, 43 stars it will never be accepted so you need to keep bumping up your price each time. Not sure if I'm explaining myself very well but hopefully someone will get what I'm saying. thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here is the flaw in your approach:

To make things simple, let's assume only one hotel in the zone at the star rating you're bidding and PRICELINE has no inventory available thru bidding, but the regular rate for the hotel for your nite(s) is $200.

Day1: Bid $100... rejected (expected given there is no bidding inventory available)

Day2: Bid $110... rejected

Day3: Bid $120... rejected

Day4: Bid $130... rejected

Day5: Bid $140... rejected

Day6: Bid $145... rejected

Day7: Bid $150... rejected

Day8: Bid $155... rejected

Day9: Bid $160... rejected

Later on Day9 the hotel makes inventory available for PRICELINE bidding with the 'right' price being $110/nite, but you proceed:

Day10: Bid $165... accepted at this price, but you just overbid by $45/nite (costly mistake especially if on a multi-nite stay) since you never gave yourself a chance to win it for less (ie- at the lowest available price of $110/nite)

Hope that makes sense and answers your question.

If you would like help with a bidding strategy for an upcoming trip feel free to ask for help in the appropriate location on the board based upon your destination and we would be happy to assist you there (if you're not sure where to post start with the FIND FAST BLUE BUTTONS at the top of the page, click the one that reads:

BIDDING HELP

Ask a QUESTION and
GET HELP for your trip

... and it will guide you to the correct section of the board to post.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]