Priceline Hotel: Wailea-Makena Hotels Maui

cfed3499
By cfed3499,
in

My husband and I will be traveling to Maui 1/12/18-1/19/18 after spending a week at a conference in Kauai.  A few years ago I was able to find a 5* Hotel Deal in Wailea-Makena area for just under $300 (it ended up being the Four Seasons!!!). Unfortunately, I don't remember how far in advance I made the reservation. I have been looking for a month or two, and prices are VERY high that week, and most of the hotels seem close to booked, or at least selling for full price. I am looking for a 4-5* hotel very close to ocean. Do you think express deal rooms will open up in the future? Or do you think I should book a cancellable room, and wait until the time gets closer? Thanks for any advice.

Assuming your previous win was this Maui Hotwire hotel purchase the room rate was actually $378/nite (so closer to $400 than $300) and as per your post the regular room rate at the time was $489/nite... current 'regular' rates at the Four Seasons for your dates start at $939/nite!  While nobody can say if rates will come down between now and your trip, it seems unlikely that they would come to what you saw 2-3 years ago (if prices come down at all... even 3.5* properties start at the $600+ mark.

What is your budget for this trip?  If rates stay where they are would you pay the going rate OR would you lower your star rating, stay in a different part of the island (such as Kaanapali), or visit a different island entirely?

Also, note that we have an entire website devoted to finding the best deals that can be used as a refundable back-up: RefundableRates.com... the interface makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response! You are correct - the room rate was $378!  I think we would like to stay in the $400/night or lower range, with as nice as possible accomodations. We really love Maui - I think it would be hard to convince us to go elsewhere.  Do you have any recommendations for a lower star rating?  

Thanks.

I just looked at HOTWIRE and found a 3* "Condo" in Wailea-Makena area with bed choice available. 95% positive reviews (but only 5). But where the price is it says 3* Hotel. Amenities include free wi-fi, free parking, 1 BR suite,

Full kitchenLaundry in roomPool(s)Smoke-free roomsSuite

Do you know what hotel this might be?

Thanks.

When seeking help please also include the room rate per nite as it helps make it easier for us to locate the same property among the offers when we replicate your search.

Is this the full amenity set for the offer you're seeing:

3-star HOTWIRE Condo in Wailea - Makena

Free Parking
Free Internet
Suite
BR1
Kitchen
Smoke Free
A/C
Laundry in room
Pool
==> if this is what you're seeing i unfortunately don't have any insight into this one (so may condo properties in the area difficult to guess)

Would the Kaanapali area be acceptable for this trip as it seems to be much more reasonably priced than Wailea-Makena for your dates?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]