Hotwire Hotel: Please help w 4* Universal

jd1515
By jd1515,
in

Hi!  I am new to using Hotwire and trying to ID a hotel in the Universal Resort Area.  I used this site's Easy View tab to get the full amenities.  Any help would be appreciated!

4*

Orlando, FL - Universal Resort

Jan 16-19 

$73/night

Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

The crossed out price says $226 per night and has an 80% Good rating.

Trip Advisor gives it four circles with 2001+ reviews.

When I click to book now it has $50.10 of taxes and fees.

Thanks!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For this offer:

4* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando Resort for $73.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Doubletree By Hilton At The Entrance To Universal Orlando which appears to have just recently been updated to the 4* level

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, thanks that's what I was questioning.  I was hoping to try and get a Universal hotel like Sapphire Falls.  Any ideas if there is a better time to look for January?  Or even advice on how to get a Universal hotel.  I would also do Cabana Bay.  Any info on what to look for for that hotel?  I know nothing is guaranteed but before I book I would like to get my best shot at a Universal property hotel.  Thanks!!

Regular rates at the Universal properties for your dates start at about $200+ ... what would be your maximum budget for one of these properties? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking to stay under $100 per night before any taxes or fees if possible.  I'm willing to take a chance if it means maybe getting a better hotel.  I was going to book the Doubletree before I decided to look into hotwire so I'm fine with it if I end up with it but wanted to take my best shot at possible better hotel and best outcome would be a Universal property.  I also was only looking at Universal Resort Area but then realized that there is also the Universal Orlando - I -drive North area.  Should I include that?  Would Universal properties be there, too?

Thanks again for all this help.  It is super appreciated!

Update: I also found these:

3*

Jan 16-19 

$91/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

The crossed out price says $120 per night and has an 80% Good rating.

Trip Advisor gives it 3.5 circles with 2001+ reviews.

It allows me to either have the hotel choose the bed options or I can choose the bed options.

When I click to book now it has $73.21 of taxes and fees.

or

3*

Jan 16-19 

$69/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

The crossed out price says $137 per night and has an 65% recommended rating.

Trip Advisor gives it 4 circles with 301-500 reviews.

When I click to book now it has $58.08 of taxes and fees.

Thoughts??

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3* Universal Resort $69  Free parking, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

>>>Guess would be the Clarion.

3* Universal Resort $90 Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

>>>Guess would be the Holiday Inn Across from Universal.

Please keep us updated on which listing you decide on.

Hi!  I was wondering if the Universal Property Resorts ever come up on the Hotwire Hot Rates?  I'm looking to go to Universal Jan 16-19.  Is it worth looking for those hotels or should I just take a deal that's there now?  Any advice on Universal property hotels? Has anyone had luck?  Thanks!!

You can see all hotels reported to the board in the Hotwire Hotel List.

The Universal hotels do come up from time to time... but almost never at the sub-$100 mark.

You can call all reported wins for the Universal properties by using the board SEARCH function.  On the very top right corner of the board (under your name if you're logged in) find the search box.  The default 'search in' will be THIS THREAD but click on it and change to ALL CONTENT, then search for the term 'Universals' (this works because the Universal properties all begin Universal's and the search will remove the apostrophe)

Nobody can predict the future to say if they will happen to appear for your dates, but if you're trying to stay within a $100 budget, i would say the chances are very slim.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Also, keep in mind that just as you're hoping a Universal property will suddenly appear (although as per above i think this is not very likely)... the current offer could disappear at any time; so something to consider if you do like the Doubletree at this price.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

Ok two more:

4*

Universal Orlando - I-drive North

Jan 16-19 

$99/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3*

Universal Orlando - I-drive North

Jan 16-19 

$90/night

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Best guess for each:

4* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando - I-drive North for $99.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal

3* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando - I-drive North for $90.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive 

Not sure what hotel you're considering via points, and maybe there is a specific reason why that hotel works well for your needs, but i usually try to hold onto my points for 'hard to book' dates when rates are inflated due to a conference or special event taking place in town, not when rates are 'normal' and/or there are reasonably priced PRICELINE / HOTWIRE options.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]