Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

Evrt
By Evrt,
in

Looking for 2 rooms for 2 couples 11/10 to 11/15.  I like the looks of SoHo/Tribeca but we are open to anywhere except times square. 4* or higher hoping to stay at $150/night. primary concern is close to subway and a trendy boutique hotel, we would like to stay away from big chain hotels such as holiday inn/Hilton etc. I like the looks of the Roxy and saw a express deal for $174 in SoHo/Tribeca do you think that may be the one?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When requesting help with identifying a hotel (or when reporting a win) please include the full details of the property (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities associated with the property).  I'm not currently seeing any 4* hotel in the Soho zone for $174/nite, but i am seeing the following 4.5* property (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link below):

4.5* SoHo - Tribeca for $178
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> if this is what you're seeing best guess for this one would be the Nomo Soho

Does this one work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- this is high season in NYC and i was actually surprised that rates were this low for these dates

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, that's the one I was referring to for $178.  Whats going on that makes this high season?  Also other sites I look at show NYC to be 32% booked (booking.com & Trivago) do you think I should wait since availability is high maybe prices will come down?  Also what are the chances of bidding in SoHo/Tribeca (or similar place and star rating) at a lower price than the $178 express deal?

September through around the second week of December is traditionally busier and more expensive, especially November and December with holiday festivities and shopping. Rates may come down, but waiting is a risk - given that this is at least traditionally high season, there's definitely more risk of upside than downside in prices. You can likely get a slightly-to-moderately lower price via bidding, but have to be able to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone/s chosen, whereas there is added value in PRICELINE EXPRESS and the ability to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing (and there is also the current PRICELINE EXPRESS promotion in my signature.) The hotels showing on the PRICELINE EXPRESS side are not necessarily what you may win if you bid.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we can make further suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

On 9/2/2017 at 6:43 AM, Evrt said:

NYC to be 32% booked

I don't know how this number is calculated but i would not but a whole lot of credibility in it... only the hotels themselves know exactly how many rooms they have booked/available for any given date and i highly doubt that this is something that share with OTA's.

On 9/2/2017 at 6:43 AM, Evrt said:

do you think I should wait since availability is high maybe prices will come down?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip, but as i noted above, when i first saw your dates and ran a search i was surprised that prices were not higher (especially at the 4.5* level, which often has a big jump in rates vs. the 4* level), so i think this would be  a very nice deal.  As well, assuming that our guess is correct, regular rates at The Nomo Soho start at $319/nite for your dates, so it would offer some very nice savings!

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

For this offer (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the provided link):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $213
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would indeed be the Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Great to see it was the hotel you were hoping for and that you're looking forward to your stay at this well reviewed property... thank you for sharing your win with the board.

For breakfast one morning i recommend this place which is a short walk from your hotel:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (north side of the street between Seventh and Eight Avenues)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]