Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square South) The Westin New York At Times Square

SC Joe
By SC Joe,
in

As a long time Hotwire user, I got sloppy on a NYC hotel purchase, and wound up with a price higher than hotels.com. I called Hotwire within minutes of my purchase so they could verify my better price and price match.  I spent over 45 minutes on the phone with a customer rep, who had to verify by phone that it was the same identical room on the same days. I was told that the rep would submit my valid claim and I would receive a credit within 3 business days. Seven business days and still no credit. I cannot seem to get through to Hotwire, so I contacted my credit card company and they got a little defensive, as if I was trying to cancel a booking. It seems like Hotwire will do anything possible not to honor their low price guarantee. I am amazed that they are higher in price than hotels.com with zero transparency,

As per Our Rules and Policies:

On 5/27/2004 at 10:58 PM, thereuare said:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming PRICELINE / HOTWIRE stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

In the spirit of the board it would be appreciated if you began by sharing the details of your purchase with the board including star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities associated with the property... you can view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

12 minutes ago, SC Joe said:

I am amazed that they are higher in price than hotels.com with zero transparency,

When searching and before purchasing, did you use our BiddingHelper.com tool and see regular retail rates of hotels of the same star rating in the zone?  Perhaps you would have seen what you were purchasing was not competitive with regular retail rates... or you could have asked the board for help and we would have given our thoughts as to what it was that you may have been about to purchase, thus confirming if this was a good deal or not.

14 minutes ago, SC Joe said:

As a long time Hotwire user

Assuming you have made a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchase in the last 6+ years since your Greensboro Priceline hotel purchase, it would be appreciated if you would start to share your results so that others can benefit from the information.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

8/12-8/17/2013 4 nights

Room $944.00 ($236.00 per night x 4 nights x 1 room)

Taxes and fees $277.42

Hotwire total $1221.42

Resort fee $116.00

Trip total 1337.42

This total was more than what I could have bought it for on a transparent booking site (hotels.com). Hotwire is giving me a real headache about honoring their low price guarantee

Sorry to hear that the result was disappointing. Hopefully you had a nice stay at this Westin property. What has HOTWIRE said in their response?

Additionally, can you please confirm the full list (including any accessible) of amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account, as well as before purchase by going to BiddingHelper.com, searching for your dates, clicking the "Hotwire Easy View" tab and then the green "Full Amenities" button next to the listing. Thanks again.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Sorry, I cannot remember the amenities. I will start posting my wins to this forum in a timely manner. We had a very nice stay at the Westin Times Square. On 8/31/17, Hotwire said my claim was approved and it would take one to two billing cycles for the credit to show up on my credit card statement.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]