Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Knoxville (Knoxville East) Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn and Suites

valencia
By valencia,
in

Uses your link.First bid 2.5" Knoxville East for $50. Denied but they counter offered with $58.  I added downtown and bid $55. Accepted.

Now my complaint .. this is the first time in years s I have been given a smoking room because receptionist  said travelweb Requested a smoking room. She showed me the reservation which said 2 queens and some MRS letters..claiming if the NS for non smoking is not listed then it is SMOKING. We were offered an upgrade to king suite for $35. I am quite confident that hotel is not full in queen rooms since I was able to make a fake reservation for  several queen rooms . So this seems like a tactic to Priceline customers. She even said "this is what happens when you book your brought third parties"

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... sorry to hear you were assigned a Smoking room when you would have preferred a non-smoking room.

Did you ask the clerk if any queen non-smoking rooms were available and if you could 'upgrade' (even for a fee) to one of those?  Did you show the front desk staff that a non-smoking room was available thru their own website?

Also, can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry it was aug 30 one night. The receptionist actually admitted there were queen rooms but "was waiting for more people to arrive". I was on chat w PRICELINE two separate times...they called but no change without $35 upgrade. I wrote BW on their FB page.. immediate boxed response that their customer care team would get in touch with me. I just want an explanation as to why I could reserve queen rooms online...no way were they all smoking. If this happens tonight I will stop booking .

Sorry I was incomplete.I have not posted for a LONG time and will take care next time. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]