MYR Myrtle Beach --> CHS Charleston National Standard

dosu
By dosu,
in

I am new to priceline. I didn't put in a 'bid' but I searched and there is an "Express Deal" that comes up less than going to individual car rental companies or Expedia etc.

I'm searching for a 5 day rental for 9/3 and returning 9/8/2017( Pickup MYR  drop off Charleston both airport locations) The rate I get for a weekly rental comes out a little bit less($239) than a 5 day rental($247). If I reserve the weekly, does anyone know if will I be "penalized" for keeping it less than the 7 days? The Priceline site states "Additional charges may apply at the counter if you pick up or drop off the car at a different date, time, or location than you requested for your reservation"   I find it hard to believe they would charge me extra for returning it early, but maybe they do. Anyone know?

Also.. is the express deal a " bid" or just a rate. it looks like i'm just choosing a price they are offering just like any other travel site.. ie Travelocity, Expedia etc

The language above differs from another part of the PRICELINE website:

For Name Your Own Price®, Express Deals, and Pay Now reservations... You can return your rental car early; however, you will not receive a refund for any unused time.

To view the above go to PRICELINE, on top right of their home page select the HELP drop down and click the 'Frequently Asked Questions' and then under CAR RENTAL type 'early return'.

HOWEVER, i would also try searching pick-up 9/3 (actual pick-up time) and drop off of 9/8 (+3 hours of your pick-up time)... so for example, 9/3 1pm pick-up and 9/8 4pm drop-off.  This 3 hour differential will likely put you into an additional day rental which in this instance will put you into the weekly rate.  This may be a few dollars cheaper, but even if the same as your 7 day rental above, i would book this way (for 5 days 3 hours) since there is less of a chance of any issues if you return the car 3 hours early vs. if you return the car 2 days early.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes (which rental company you receive and what car class and price you are able to book for) so we can edit the topic title accordingly to reflect your purchase.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. I decided NOT to risk booking a 7 day rental if there might be a penalty for returning early. We needed 5 days so I booked the 5 day period which was not much more. This was not a 'bid' we could see the pricing,( I think it was called a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal), but not which car company. We ended up with

National

9/3 - 8, 2017  5 day car rental

Pickup MYR AIRPORT

ReturnCHS AIRPORT

$32 /day

Total  $247

Glad to see you are pleased with the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal offered for this rental and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

I too would not have taken the risk for an $8 savings... $40-$50 then maybe worthwhile, but not for less than $10 as i try to avoid any unnecessary stress when traveling.:smile:

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]