Does HW inventory come from Expedia inventory?

CosmicGirl
By CosmicGirl,
in

Hi,

I am planning to book a hotel which is available on both transparent Expedia sites and HW. Thanks to biddinghelper I am 100% sure it is the same hotel. 

The hot rate on HW is about 15% cheaper than the cheapest transparent way to book the hotel with a discount code. We are planning a long stay, so this adds up. 

Now here's the tricky part: transparent Expedia inventory (including a transparent booking on HW) is only showing this hotel including half board, even though the hotel directly also sells rooms without food included. It is impossible to book the room without food on a transparent Expedia-owned site at the moment.

Would I be correct when saying that the opaque hot rate room on HW would be coming out of this Expedia inventory, and would therefore also include meals? My gut is telling me it would, so we could save a good amount if going the hot rate route, but if meals are not included with the hot rate then paying for them would cost significantly more than the 15% savings. I'm trying to assess the risk of booking the hot rate. 

I would appreciate your insight. Thank you!

HOTWIRE inventory does not come from Expedia; the two services are separate. If meals are not included for everyone (like with an upgrade package) then they are not included for discount rate reservations. Let us know more about the listing and we would be happy to then take a further look and try to ID the listing/offer further thoughts.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

The "retail price" rate on HOTWIRE is an average of comparable properties for your dates, it's not necessarily the retail price for the underlying hotel.  If you would like further help, please let us know the dates of travel and other information and we can then research and have a further look. Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE link, it's greatly appreciated.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

What are the details of the HOTWIRE hotel (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, and amenities shown) and what is the hotel that you're hoping it to be?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]