Priceline Hotel: Hotel Help 10 Days in NYC

JoyCamino
By JoyCamino,
in

Hi

I am coming to NYC and would like to stay near central park.

Oct 7-16, 2017.

$200  with wifi and breakfast would be great. 

It is with my friend so two beds preferred or one large one. 

Can you give me a ballpark price for a stay like this from priceline or hotwire? Any assistance appreciated.

Second question. Is the New York Pass worth getting for 7 days x 2 is almost $600. 

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Toronto Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to look into the above stay.) 

Additionally, a few other thoughts/questions:

1. Two beds is not guaranteed on PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE unless the listing offers bed choice. While you can request two beds, in NYC in the busy Fall there is a definite risk the hotel will say no.

2. Breakfast is not common at the 4*+ level and 3* properties with breakfast are not always seen via the discount services. 

3. Please confirm exactly which zones would be acceptable.

4. $200 before taxes/fees is definitely possible for these dates depending on zone as there are a number of options around or a bit under $200 on HOTWIRE, for example, but not w/breakfast.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

8 hours ago, JoyCamino said:

Is the New York Pass worth getting for 7 days x 2 is almost $600

Depends on how many attractions are included that you intend on doing, what would be the cost if purchased separately, and is 2 days enough time to take them all in without being exhausted?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Midtown East for $206
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A guess would be the Affinia 50. If the Affinia 50, less hectic area and the hotel gets very good reviews.

4.5* Midtown East for $244
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>The Benjamin (which is actually a couple of doors down from the Affinia above.)

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing:

4* Midtown East for $193.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  A guess here would be the Affinia Shelburne.

5* HOTWIRE Union Square - Flatiron for $249.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  The Marmara would be a guess.

Would any of these properties be of interest? If not, let us know more about why they wouldn't be a good fit and more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to do further research and offer additional suggestions.

Given the length of time, you could also consider splitting the stay to have a home base in two different areas/experience two different hotels during the course of your stay if that's of any interest. Central Park options for these dates are unfortunately going to be more expensive.

Let us know your thoughts and thank you for keeping us updated.

I'm seeing for 10/12-16 only on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that you are seeing those dates are clicking the link below.)

4.5* Central Park South for $264
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>This is likely the Le Parker Meridien. If you search for the whole period, this option isn't available.

I'm seeing for 10/7-12 only on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that you are seeing those dates after clicking the link below.)

4* Central Park South for $267

Moving isn't optimal, but I thought I'd suggest this as a way to fit in the higher rated Le Parker Meridien, at least for part of the stay.

_____

Searching for 10/7-16 on HOTWIRE:

Actually,searching again, I am seeing this that I don't believe I saw earlier for 10/7-16:

4* Central Park South for $160.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Guess would be the Shoreham, with a slight risk of the Hudson.

Also on HOTWIRE for the full 10/7-16 period::

4* Central Park South for $257.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  Guess would be the Park Central

4* HOTWIRE Central Park South for $291.00
Free Internet
Suite
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  Manhattan Club would be my guess; that has been seen with this amenity set previously.

Would any of these options be of interest?

I need to stop searching for today after many hours on betterbidding, hotwire and priceline.  I really want to be near central park after my terrible Times Square meltdown!

The ShorehamHudson rooms are so very tiny, if that is the $160 room.  I'll be back tomorrow, and in the meantime, if you see anything else, please advise. 

Thanks for your help. I wish I started earlier as I see someone won a 4* stay in October for $141 on the winning bid forum.  Maybe we will be a lucky. 

In addition, thanks for the "break up your stay" suggestion.  The Parker Meridian would be lovely.  I have stayed there before with the great burger bar and Normas downstairs and the great location.

• 4 weeks later...

On HOTWIRE:

4* Central Park $217 Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

>>>This is likely the Shoreham, up quite a bit.

4* Central Park HOTWIRE $274 Free Internet, Suite, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

>>>Likely the Manhattan Club

4* Central Park HOTWIRE $266 Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Children's activities, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

>>>A guess would be the Park Central

Would any other zones be acceptable? Rates appear to have either stayed similar or headed higher since last check.

Aaron

Thank you for checking again.  My travel buddy is getting ansy to lock in the room but we have some time left. 

Have you visited Hotel Belleclaire, La Quinta Inn and Suites or Manhattan Club?

I am trying to beat the hotel rooms my friend booked on booking.com.

Hotel Belleclaire, queen deluxe with a fridge. It was built in 1910! Seems to have good reviews.

9 nights before taxes

1622 pounds or

$2190 USA before taxes which is $243 a night before taxes. 

I like the Manhattan Club idea but they have some crappy inside rooms.  

4* Central Park HOTWIRE $274 Free Internet, Suite, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

>>>Likely the Manhattan Club

13 hours ago, JoyCamino said:

but we have some time left

You have already passed up a LOT of very well reviewed hotels above... what is it exatly are you looking for; or are you just not ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase?

I am trying to beat the hotel rooms my friend booked

Are you willing to pay more than your current reservation, as the Hotel Belleclaire is 3.5* rated by PRICELINE but all of the hotels above are 4*-5* rated... if you're not likely happy with the 4* and higher hotels do you think you will necessarily be happy with a 3.5* property?

I like the Manhattan Club idea but they have some crappy inside rooms.

At least with the Manhattan Club the rooms are large and you have a suite... the Belleclaire has very small rooms.

Lastly, while i understand your desire to not stay in Times Square, i wouldn't stay in the Upper West Side either as it's just not that convenient for the average tourist... there are plenty of hotels that are in the Times Square zone but not directly in Times Square itself (and easy to avoid the overcrowded areas) as well as nearby zones that are not as crowded as Times Square but still considered to be centrally located.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]