Hotwire Hotel: NYC/Manhattan - 09/22/2017 - 09/25/2017

Riane
By Riane,
in

We are looking for a hotel in NYC. Could be any location at Manhattan.

Check in: 09/22/2017
Chek out: 09/25/2017
2 rooms
2 adults per room

I saw this offers. What is your guess? Do you have another suggestion?

4* Rockefeller Center
FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3.5* Times Square South
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Thank you again

Riane Torres

Best guess/comments for each:

4* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $176.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan - New York City 3.5

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $186.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square 

I would also suggest (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below);

4* Midtown East for $183
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Fifty NYC-An Affinia Hotel

4.5* Chelsea Area for $197
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> INNSIDE New York Nomad

4.5* Midtown East for $209
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Benjamin

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Dear,

We did not make the reservation because we were deciding whether or not to go to NYC. Can you help me with the best options for today? Manhattan, if near broadway, better :)

I saw these below, but they are not close broadway (except the 199.00 2.5* Times - PLE).

If it were for you, which one would you book? (You can consider something that I did not find)
Thanks, Riane Torres 

09/22/17 - 09/25/17
2 rooms - 2 adults

HOTWIRE

World Trade Center - Wall Street

4* - 163.00
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access
--> by the list, my guess is Club Quarters Wall Street

Midtown East

4* - 181.00
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Empire State Building - Bryant Park
4* - 186.00
FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Madison Square Garden

4* - 192.00
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower
--> by the list, my guess is Wyndahm New Yorker.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower
--> by the list, my guess is The Watson Hotel

PRICELINE EXPRESS

4* - 156.00
Downtown - Wall Street Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

4* - 170.00
Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

4* - 171.00
Grand Central Terminal - UN Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

4* - 184.00
Midtown East Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Business Center

4* - 191.00
Empire State Building Area Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Business Center
Fitness Center
--> My guess is St Giles The Court

2.5* - 199.00
Times Square - Theatre District
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast

4* - 200.00
Grand Central Terminal - UN Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
--> My guess is Even Hotel New York - Midtown East

22 hours ago, Riane said:

If it were for you, which one would you book?

I would recommend one of the following (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $170
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be the Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Center.  Won't win any awards for being over the top fancy, but it's a solid hotel with a good location and value at this price.  I wouldn't make convenience to the theater a primary factor (since there are 4 of your and if heading back to your hotel after the show anything in midtown will likely be about $10-$15, so not a major factor, especially if splitting the cost 4 ways)... but this would generally be an easy walk to/from the theater district if that is indeed still a factor for you.

4* Midtown East for $184
Business Center
==> Fifty NYC-An Affinia Hotel my guess here, a little fancier than the one above, but not as close to the Theater District, although you are right near the 'E' subway line which can easily be accessed from the Times Square area

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $198
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> from the Priceline Express Hotel List matches previous reports for the Tryp Times Square South... hotel gets good reviews although not my favorite part of the city, although convenient to subways at Penn Station and about a 15 minute walk to Theater District

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $200
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> likely the Even Hotel New York - Midtown East which is a fairly new chain to come to NYC (run by IHG) that has been getting fantastic reviews.  This property is about a 20 minute walk to Theater District although you could (as mentioned above cab it relatively inexpensively, although this location would be closer to $15) or you could take the 7 subway line from Grand Central or the M42 from 42nd St... although each of these would take about 15 minutes door-to-door so doesn't save you all that much time

4.5* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Childrens Activities, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Pet Friendly

==> best guess would be Omni Berkshire Place which gets very good reviews and about a 15 minute walk to the theater

So ultimately i think it depends how much you really need to be near the Theater District, how much you want a 'nice' hotel vs. something that is basic but will serve your needs, and how much you want to spend.  Also, keep in mind that many times you may be heading out for the day and then go straight to the Theater (or going to some restaurant beforehand that may not be in the Theater District)... not necessarily traveling to the show directly from your hotel.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]