Hotwire Hotel: 2.5 star sandy utah

walterjames
By walterjames,
in

Found what seems to be same listing on Hotwire HotDeals and Priceline Express. One Key give away on Priceline it states pet fee of 25 a night.

This seems to  match the Best Western Plus Cotton Tree Inn. but the discout is more then 44% since most rooms there are going for 180 a night!

Any help would be appreciated there is a convention of 11,500 in Salt Lake and hotels that are usually a 100 are going for 250 or more in downtown salt lake that week end.

Stay 8/17/16-8/19/16

Hotwire: $85

2.5 star

Free breakfast

Free Internet

Free parking

Business center

Fitness center

Indoor pool(s)

Pet friendlyPool(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Priceline: $84

Pets Allowed

Free Parking

Business Center

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Please provide a follow-up for the question in your prior Sandy Hotwire thread (post in that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listings.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

See the last reply to your previous Sandy Hotwire hotel thread:

On 6/7/2016 at 3:48 AM, thereuare said:

Was your purchase of the Home2Suites thru PRICELINE bidding, a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, or thru HOTWIRE?  If the latter, can you please include the amenities associated with this purchase which you may still be able to view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

... please follow-up there with what service you used to book that hotel, and if Hotwire, the amenities associated with the property (which you can still view as per the method indicated above)

Also, for the HOTWIRE offer above, are you searching using our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the EASY VIEW tab clicking the GREEN 'Full Amenities' button to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you cannot find the details of your prior purchase (as you noted in your message), please post that in your prior thread. Thank you.

2.5* Sandy - South Jordan - Draper for $85.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Guess would be the Holiday Inn Express.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

2.5* Sandy - South Valley - Draper for $85
Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>Also HI Express would be my guess here.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Will let you know how this goes, I would prefer downtown Salt Lake there are tons of rooms left but because of the conference the prices

are outrageous.

Sandy is our second choice. My only thought is the Holiday Inn Express charges 30 a night for pets. On the Priceline listing if you click

booking conditions (located on the very bottom in blue) it says pet charge 25 a night. Any way either the Holiday inn express or the Best

Western would be just fine.

13 hours ago, walterjames said:

there are tons of rooms left but because of the conference the prices

are outrageous.

How would you know that there are plenty of rooms left... you don't really know how much inventory is available?  Perhaps no hotels are sold-out... but maybe each only has 1-2 rooms available.  As rates are a function of supply/demand, if rates are higher than usual, it stands to reason that there are fewer available rooms than usual for 10 days prior to check-in.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is of my opinion that there are plenty of rooms left because:

Some travel sites are reporting that for that time Salt Lake is 75% booked. Which would mean one out of 4 rooms empty.

Yes the empty rooms can be in the worst hotel of course.

I have been in Salt Lake during the NCAA 2017 tournament and Comic-Con, both were happening the same weekend

and attracted even more people. 90% of the hotels were sold out. Had a much harder time finding a room

and paid less then what they are asking for the same hotel room now. I booked that a week before travel so about the same time frame.

I tried various travel sites to book from 3 to as many as 9 rooms at a time and had no problem finding many downtown hotels with as many as 9 rooms left.

Two cities we travel to most right now (Salt Lake and Spokane) have very big convention markets, so I have a good feel of the market in those cities.

When prices sky rocket in a hotel market I usually ask why because if I can reschedule a leisure trip for a different weekend I will.

It is also U of U move in weekend but even with that it is my opinion there are still empty rooms.

I have paid as little as 89 for the Kimpton per night, downtown SLC on a August weekend.

Rooms available: yes

Lots of rooms available: possibly as travel websites don't really have access to this information (only the hotels do and they don't make this publicly available) and use comments such as "hurry, rooms are filling up fast" as marketing tag lines to incentivize people to book.  Also, 'Salt Lake City is 75% booked' could include only Downtown, it could only include the airport, it could include both, or it could include a much larger net of a 25 mile (or 50 mile or whatever number) radius... the point being is that there are not enough facts to know on what they are basing that figure (and usually a 75% occupancy rate would actually be a very good as the average hotel typically only averages occupancy rates in the mid-60's)

Lastly, keep in mind that hotels need to staff their properties based upon the expected number of guests.  If a hotel is only 50% occupied (based upon reservations) they will staff the hotel accordingly.  They still leave enough of a cushion so that their staffing levels can accommodate a handful of walk-in customers (who pay the highest prices) but hotels don't have an interest in going from 50% to 100% occupancy at the very last minute as it can lead to a variety of issues (check-in, housekeeping, restaurant, bar, etc).

25 minutes ago, walterjames said:

Two cities we travel to most right now (Salt Lake and Spokane)

If you book any of these reservations on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information.

Good luck and let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this trip (even if what you ultimately decide is to cancel due to higher than usual prices).

I have learned that many booking sites will say 5 rooms left, or only one room left. the count down seems to start at 5.

What people must bear in mind is that is usually the amount of rooms allocated to the reseller at that moment.

If you go to the Hotels own booking site you may find more then 1 double queen room is available.

I use this tactic when booking a non blind room, but have used it booking a blind room too.  If I am told by a (blind booking of course) site 1 room

is only available for a 4 star hotel in a town that has only one 4 star hotel I will go to the hotel's site and try booking the max allowed

to see if only one room in available.  Usually there are more then one of the same class room available on the hotels site. Of course this does not mean that

once that 1 room on a third party site is gone it will be back but I have seen it happen.

I have viewed the  one room left warning, go to book it, then be told it was sold to some one else. Search again the room is gone, next morning what do you know the

same star rating  same exact description, same review level rooms available, price might of changed, but the room is there.

So the best indication is always with the hotels site and not a third party site.

It is all a game we are just trying to stay one step ahead.

I would be more then glad to. But I am finding Priceline and more so Hotwire, have not had the deals they use to 5-6 years ago, they are charging the room tax and a booking fee. Hence as much as I like to use them my better deals have been hotel direct.

So I was going to take the offer I inquired about at the start of this tread.  Problem was with my daughter, I was about to book it and she said I have a hair appointment on the 18th It took me a month to get. I thought this was all figured out she is the one who asked if were were going to go to Saltlake.So unless she changed a hair appointment of all things so we could not go on this trip, by the time she got ahold of the hair dresser ( who was not returning her calls ) it was Tuesday of the next week, by then the price of the listing went up to 127.

So I continued my search I was only thinking of taking the Sandy room because it was much  cheaper then downtown Salt Lake. I came across a steal of a deal at Hilton Gardens Inn Downtown Salt Lake.  I thought wait a minute that hotel is sold out on both Hotwire and Priceline.  I checked on Hiltons site, yes it was there. Searched for the 17-19, sure enough 116 for a double Queen room. I could of booked a 2 room suite, 1 king bedroom, living with sofa sleeper, and a double jetted tub for 136 a night!  Okay we don't get breakfast, but a heck of a deal for downtown 3 star hotel with a trip advisor rating of  4.5.  other 3 stars are about 200.00

Just checked it is now sold out on Hiltons site, so Instead of putting unsold rooms on another site they sold them direct.  Even if not a Hilton rewards member it would of been 119.  Believe me I am still beating my self up for not taking the 85 room. Hair appointment she had all summer to do it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]